Neighbour rant! What annoys you about your neighbours?

Dbrskh

I don't know if this is the right forum room for this but let's all rant about our neighbours and the things they do...just to get it off of our chests. Surely I can't be the only one!

New downstairs neighbours moved in today and they have slammed the bloody doors since they first came in. Of course with moving in today they have been in and out 100x and those doors, mainly the joint front door has been slammed every single time. My nerves are all over the place. Our previous downstairs neighbour, who we were only neighbours to since the beginning of July, was/is the loveliest lady ever, we also never ever heard a single peep coming from downstairs and you would've never known if she was coming or going because we never heard a thing!

How lovely are your neighbours or not? What things do they do that annoy you to no end?! Share!

In all the years I've lived around here most of my neighbours have been lovely. I completely sympathise about the slamming door driving you nuts but it could be worse. My tip is to introduce yourself and say they must tell you if you ever make noise that disturbs them. All decent people can decode this as 'you're making too much noise already'.

Dbrskh Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I don't know if this is the right forum room for

> this but let's all rant about our neighbours and

> the things they do...just to get it off of our

> chests. Surely I can't be the only one!

>

> New downstairs neighbours moved in today and they

> have slammed the bloody doors since they first

> came in. Of course with moving in today they have

> been in and out 100x and those doors, mainly the

> joint front door has been slammed every single

> time. My nerves are all over the place. Our

> previous downstairs neighbour, who we were only

> neighbours to since the beginning of July, was/is

> the loveliest lady ever, we also never ever heard

> a single peep coming from downstairs and you

> would've never known if she was coming or going

> because we never heard a thing!

>

> How lovely are your neighbours or not? What things

> do they do that annoy you to no end?! Share!

As for the joint front door- you could get one of those quiet closing things fitted so they can't slam that- they might take the hint.

My worst upstairs neighbours used to throw their rubbish- including broken glass, into our garden where my toddlers played...they were total pigs. And when their bath sprung a leak and the water was coming through our kitchen light fitting they refused to stop bathing.

And they used to have loud meetings in the house late at night going into the early hours and my OH had to get up at 6am for work....

uncleglen Wrote:

> Dbrskh Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I don't know if this is the right forum room

> for

> > this but let's all rant about our neighbours

> and

> > the things they do...just to get it off of our

> > chests. Surely I can't be the only one!

> >

> > New downstairs neighbours moved in today and

> they

> > have slammed the bloody doors since they first

> > came in. Of course with moving in today they

> have

> > been in and out 100x and those doors, mainly

> the

> > joint front door has been slammed every single

> > time. My nerves are all over the place. Our

> > previous downstairs neighbour, who we were only

> > neighbours to since the beginning of July,

> was/is

> > the loveliest lady ever, we also never ever

> heard

> > a single peep coming from downstairs and you

> > would've never known if she was coming or going

> > because we never heard a thing!

> >

> > How lovely are your neighbours or not? What

> things

> > do they do that annoy you to no end?! Share!

>

> As for the joint front door- you could get one of

> those quiet closing things fitted so they can't

> slam that- they might take the hint.

>

> My worst upstairs neighbours used to throw their

> rubbish- including broken glass, into our garden

> where my toddlers played...they were total pigs.

> And when their bath sprung a leak and the water

> was coming through our kitchen light fitting they

> refused to stop bathing.

> And they used to have loud meetings in the house

> late at night going into the early hours and my OH

> had to get up at 6am for work....

Yeah, my husband suggested getting one of those and even getting one for their front door to see if they take a hijt! Lol. We?ll speak to then this weekend. If they turn out to be horrible neighbours it?s their loss, we?re uostairs and have 2 toddlers whereas they don?t...I could easily stop telling my eldest not to jump, run, skin, ahot, etc. Hehehe.

To be fair, if these people have only just moved in today, they have probably got more on their minds than not slamming doors. Like getting all their stuff into their new home.

Might it not have been kind to wait a few days before starting a thread about them on here? Or maybe gently ask them not to slam the door?

They have probably got absolutely no idea that it might be annoying you.

'Our previous downstairs neighbour, who we were only neighbours to since the beginning of July, was/is the loveliest lady ever, we also never ever heard a single peep coming from downstairs and you would've never known if she was coming or going because we never heard a thing!.

well she didn't stay long did she? Maybe you're the annoying neighbour!

just wondering

Dbrskh, if you're upstairs and have a husband and two small kids, you hold all the trump cards! Perhaps you could encourage your husband to stay out late drinking and, on his return in the early hours. slam the shared front door, pound up the stairs, slam your own front door and fall over, ideally on uncarpeted floor if you have any (if not, consider taking up your carpet temporarily). On Sunday, get your kids up at 7am and give them a sugary breakfast before building them an obstacle course in whichever room is above your new neighbours' bedroom.

They will soon be only too keen to negotiate. Trust me.

alice Wrote:

> 'Our previous downstairs neighbour, who we were

> only neighbours to since the beginning of July,

> was/is the loveliest lady ever, we also never ever

> heard a single peep coming from downstairs and you

> would've never known if she was coming or going

> because we never heard a thing!.

>

> well she didn't stay long did she? Maybe you're

> the annoying neighbour!

>

> just wondering

Her place was on sale long before we moved in. We couldn?t have been annoying when she spent her last night with is drinking wine and playing with our kids. We?re also staying in touch and she?s welcomed to stay with us whenever she?s back in the neighbourhood. So stop wondering.

I haven?t said anything yet because I understand moving in is a nightmare and people have got more to worry than about slamming doors. Even though they have been doing this, I still went out and got them a card and bottle of wine to welcome them...surely I can?t be that bad as a neighbour can I?

Robert Poste's Child Wrote:

> Dbrskh, if you're upstairs and have a husband and

> two small kids, you hold all the trump cards!

> Perhaps you could encourage your husband to stay

> out late drinking and, on his return in the early

> hours. slam the shared front door, pound up the

> stairs, slam your own front door and fall over,

> ideally on uncarpeted floor if you have any (if

> not, consider taking up your carpet temporarily).

> On Sunday, get your kids up at 7am and give them a

> sugary breakfast before building them an obstacle

> course in whichever room is above your new

> neighbours' bedroom.

>

> They will soon be only too keen to negotiate.

> Trust me.

Hi! Can we be best friends?! Unfortunately my husband is a bit of a ?saint? and doesn?t go out drinking, mind you he also only has one working kidney! Otherwise I would definitely send him out drinking and have him slam doors and stumble all over our uncarpeted floor.

I did think of the kids? idea, not as elaborate as yours (you genius, you!) but if they don?t listen to or polite requests to not slam their doors then...I will be getting the kids up very early and having them do as you suggested.

I nipped out last night and came back to my very peaceful hubs annoyed at them, so annoyed he actually had words with them whilst I was out...needless to say, they did not comply to his polite request about doors so they only received a card and we have kept the bottle of wine (it?s that good of a bottle!). They also haven?t locked the front door not once! Living in London and all, and their place being downstairs, wouldn?t it be in their best interest to lock the damn door?! No? Is it just me...?

Dbrskh Wrote:

> Robert Poste's Child Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Dbrskh, if you're upstairs and have a husband

> and

> > two small kids, you hold all the trump cards!

> > Perhaps you could encourage your husband to

> stay

> > out late drinking and, on his return in the

> early

> > hours. slam the shared front door, pound up the

> > stairs, slam your own front door and fall over,

> > ideally on uncarpeted floor if you have any (if

> > not, consider taking up your carpet

> temporarily).

> > On Sunday, get your kids up at 7am and give them

> a

> > sugary breakfast before building them an

> obstacle

> > course in whichever room is above your new

> > neighbours' bedroom.

> >

> > They will soon be only too keen to negotiate.

> > Trust me.

>

>

> Hi! Can we be best friends?! Unfortunately my

> husband is a bit of a ?saint? and doesn?t go out

> drinking, mind you he also only has one working

> kidney! Otherwise I would definitely send him out

> drinking and have him slam doors and stumble all

> over our uncarpeted floor.

> I did think of the kids? idea, not as elaborate as

> yours (you genius, you!) but if they don?t listen

> to or polite requests to not slam their doors

> then...I will be getting the kids up very early

> and having them do as you suggested.

>

> I nipped out last night and came back to my very

> peaceful hubs annoyed at them, so annoyed he

> actually had words with them whilst I was

> out...needless to say, they did not comply to his

> polite request about doors so they only received a

> card and we have kept the bottle of wine (it?s

> that good of a bottle!). They also haven?t locked

> the front door not once! Living in London and all,

> and their place being downstairs, wouldn?t it be

> in their best interest to lock the damn door?! No?

> Is it just me...?

I don't have kids myself but I live on the ground floor and have learned from bitter experience. I've also noticed the sickly smiles on the faces of the neighbours of my sister (top floor, kids 7 and 9, 7yo with a scream that could strip metal). In my sister's defence, the violin and drumkit were inspired.

You could tell your neighbours that not long ago ED was identified as one of the worst places in the country for burglary, so locking the front door will be helpful if they have to make an insurance claim.