The Drawing Room Addendum Thread...

red devil

For those of you who are itching to post a flippant/sarky/downright naughty comment about a thread in The Drawing Room, but fear it will get removed before it gets read.

I'll start the ball rolling...

cassius said on the 'What is it about clowns' thread -

Suicide bombers, the lot of 'em...

red devil Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> For those of you who are itching to post a

> flippant/sarky/downright naughty comment about a

> thread in The Drawing Room, but fear it will get

> removed before it gets read.

>

> I'll start the ball rolling...

>

> cassius said on the 'What is it about clowns'

> thread -

>

>

>

>

> Suicide bombers, the lot of 'em...

+ kiddy fiddlers

"Rome has built a 10 Kilometre stretch of wall to enable Graffiti Artists to express themselves in the hope that they will then leave other Roman buildings and walls alone.

Is this the way forward?

Would you like a similar wall built around East Dulwich, for example?"

On the Nunhead side, YES

Arf Arf

I think the Drawing Room idea is daft because it relates back to a time when, after dinner, men would retire to the drawing room to discuss business and politics whilst the wives did the clearing up or their servants did, so the wives tended to the kids, or their nannies did, so the wives did played on the harpsicord, or giggled and played cards and talked about being over-charged at Somerfield.

I just think it should be called "Serious heavyweight debate room"

No you?re right of course. If you were privy to the inner workings of the exclusive all-male club responsible for these things you would know that the name was chosen specifically to undermine the current freedoms enjoyed by women (and indeed certain classes) in this day and age. It is just one of many subversive messages that are strategically permeating society in order to bring about a glorious new age of misogyny.

Edited because the B and the M keys are too close together on by keyboard.

Not that it really matters, but isn't it called the drawing room because it's where you withdraw to?

In other words, the men are left in the dining room, but the women withdraw to the drawing room, ergo the drawing room is by definition a female place for discussion. Although apparently all we're capable of is giggling and complaining about being overcharged at Somerfield or something. I'm sure there was a feminist message hidden in there somewhere, I'll keep looking.

*giggles inanely *

Ooh, you are a one. I would do, but I ran out of teabags this morning and can't afford any more, as I was over-charged yesterday at Somerfield. Have you seen my kids? They're fab.

*goes back to clearing up*

Indeed it was for someone to withdraw to from the dining room, but not necessarily restricted to women.

High-falutin' drawing rooms would be connected to the state (guest of honour) bedroom, thus ensuring it was one step closer to a knee trembler.

It was also 'the' place to entertain guests, a kind of more formal lounge.

"Well, anyway, I said, I told her, I said. I said to her "Don't you be sooo silly Georgina!!.You are being a fool to yourself, I told her. Then she goes "Whaddyamean". I goes "Whaddyamean, what do I mean??"..I had a right go at her. She's gone "Well I was just asking". Here's her "You're jealous of me, ain't yer Daphne?"..I've gone "Sorry!" So she said "Sorry?" Whaddyaean Sorry?" she said. So I said back to her "Who'se sorry?" I've lost it and told her, I told her, I said "Jealous? Of you?" I said. "Yeah!" she's gone. Then here's her, again "You always 'ave bin!" "'ave bin what?" I goes to her. Here's me again ..."'ave bin whatttt?" I've had a right go at her I did" So I've gone.....................to be continued....

*Slaps Moos playfully on the bottom, whilst winking and doing that double teeth click thing* *Passes her a ?50 note* In and treat your self to something nice, there's a good girl. *skillfully ducks flying frying pan*

Keef Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> *Slaps Moos playfully on the bottom, whilst

> winking and doing that double teeth click thing*

> *Passes her a ?50 note* In and treat your self to

> something nice, there's a good girl. *skillfully

> ducks flying frying pan*

You are, ridiculously, generous Keef.(6)

Offer a Lady Godiva and then say "Get yerself sumfink nice, darlin'"..and saunter off to do manly things..