Pay day treat

bigbadwolf

It's pay day for me tomorrow and apart from the usual compulsary payments I'll be treating myself to a William Rose Steak or Lamb chop for tomorrows dinner followed by a phat smoke and some tins of Holstein for dessert. A trip to Waterstones as well to increase the burden on my book shelf.

Do you lot have any pay day rituals or treats that you follow/repeat religiously?

Payday. The helping of "Pudding + custard/ ice cream/ cream" in the cafe. The scratchcard slipped inside the latest issue of Railway Modeller magazine in the Newsagent's. The 23p change slid into the charity collection box on the pub counter.

Monthly offerings made to honour the memory of an abandoned life.

Clothes shopping, which is much nicer than staring folornly at the clothes through the shop window as i do for the remainder of the month. food shopping at M&S and local ED delis to make up for the second half of the month's food, which comes from Londis.

i think i'm starting to recognise a pattern here!

Women receive the week's housekeeping with floury hands, brains converting the few notes into food and warmth. Children eager for pocket money - comics and sweets in their eyes - stay silent. Poor George is stood an evening of drinks in the local.

In a Croydon bedsit, a young girl far from home tidies up in advance of the weekly visit from her married lover.

Singing from the snug as Maisie is persuaded (it doesn't take much) to get the ukulele down from over the bar. Taking a pub-load of dreams with them, the centre half and the goalkeeper leave early to walk to their digs - must stay fresh for the visit of United tomorrow.

Two shop girls linger in a city centre pub, drinking the rent, as they wait for the boys from the warehouse to show up.

Empty trains roll back to the depot, depositing forgotten drivers into dark engine sheds.

The bookie sleeps soundly above the shop.

The couple pressed together outside the picture house are Bogart and Bergmen, Lancaster and Kerr, until interrupted by wolf whistles from their friends at the bus stop across the street.

The Italian waiter spreads another cloth over table seven, ready for a late booking from the theatrical agency on the corner. He swears at the signed picture of Olivier on the wall, and thinks of summer evenings in Liguria before the War.

A black suit carries its owner noiselessly into the water under Hammersmith Bridge.

The fannying between Ted and his Max swayed by the zephyr through the slowly swinging shutter, it gently played across the abandoned croquet lawn, twas a balmy summer evening and Ted longed for her slender form dressed in see through chiffon..................

not to be continued.

Andystar Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> HonaloochieB Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

>

> >

> > Would that be with the cute girl from work you

> > were kissing last Friday?

>

> ha ha, i introduced her to them yesterday!!

So before payday then, sounds serious.