Anyone else used to sing Christmas songs in Latin?

RosieH

With the greatest respect RosieH and I do of course regard you as a queen of your sex and everything, but uppus buttus cum coconutus if that's the greatest Christmas song ever.

The greatest Christmas song is A Fairytale Of New York by The Pogues, it is so because it can be heard at any time of year and still be enjoyed for the fine song it is, but heard in December it becomes 'of the season'.

Bleak, hopeful, argumentative, joyful, optimistic and with a tune that you lends itself to dancing a woman around the floor and sending her skirts a-skirling.

With added NYPD choir. What more could a person want from a Christmas song?

Ah yes, all good and lovely carols, but I was thinking of more general songs (not carols, which you would expect to be in Latin).

The two I mentioned were Jingle Bells and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer - was our end of term "treat"

I remember some psuedo-latin quotes from my mis-spent youth...

Nil desperandum carborundum illegitimo = don't let the bar studs grind you down.

Non seductress asbestos = F&?k you I'm fireproof.

The only Latin song I remember at school started:- Gaudi our mus igitor juveness dom suomuss.... I never understood a word but enjoyed the tune and singing those weird lyrics in a monkey hear, monkey sing, fashion.

Apologies to all the studious ones reading this who recognise the lamentable phonetic style, Latin mis-spelling.