Making new friends

fairyuk24

Welcome,

Hopefully you've found the various threads about the forum drinks that take place regularly. Otherwise there're the various pub quizzes that forumites go to. If you're not so much a drinker then I'm sure there are some of the Mums who gather for coffees, cakes and teas would be welcoming. That's if you're around during the weekdays.

Heck I'm about next week on leave so I'm planning on propping up the icecream counter until the ambulance comes to take me to King's A&E, you're welcome to come enjoy some brain freeze too.

Cheers

Welcome

Please add your own hellish life story in the field below

-------------------------------------------------

☐ Tick box for publicity

W**F

Narnia Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think Steve means that the best one's to answer

> you are the forum users in your age group

Yes exactly.

I mean I'd "hang out" at some of the lovely new cafes and ice-cream parlour.

katie1986 (coughs)

TheArtfulDogger Wrote:

> Katie ... are you trying to tell is that you

> aren't really 13 as the 1997 tag implies

>

> SHOCK HORROR

*shock horror*

beggars belief that I have been outed by the artful dogger so easily!

car park, I mean, handbags at dawn dear? ;)

PeckhamRose Wrote:

> And are you really a plumber's son called Eric

> trying to get in touch with his feminine side?

Ssssshh....keep your voice down please. People might hear.

how am I doing btw?

Hey Fairy and Squirrel,

Glad to see you on here and making the effort - not the easiest thing to do in a new place. Especially when some of the more "'experienced" posters on here know how to rattle a few cages.

No worries though, the majority (even the curmudgeonly codgers on here) are very nice in person ? I was going to say ?flesh? but I wouldn?t get that close!

I?m 29 but behave about 12 most of the time, so I don?t really think the age thing matters on here. Just find the things that interest you and give them a go.

So far I have Joined a book group, left a book group, trooped down to the Bishop on Snow Day and got p!ssed with the forumers, followed with peeps recommendations to the Gowlett?s amazing pizzas, joined a Spanish language group, been out for forum drinks and now throwing myself about a field in an attempt to kick a football about with DJKillaQueen and many other lady forumers.

Personally, there isn?t really much of a ?hang out? scene here. I like to party (too much sometimes) and head over to Claam for that. But that doesn?t say there doesn?t have to be without a little bit of effort on our parts. Forum drinks can be good ? there is a good mix of people, I have met some lovely ladies about my own age/younger/older. Best to have a few glasses of brave before you go to that though... if you are a drinker of course. But if you have any ideas then just put them forward...

And if any of the forumers try to pee on your parade, tell them to sod off! >:D<

Hopefully see you out and about soon

its far too bright for car parks at dawn don't you know

katie1997 Wrote:

> TheArtfulDogger Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Katie ... are you trying to tell is that you

> > aren't really 13 as the 1997 tag implies

> >

> > SHOCK HORROR

>

> *shock horror*

>

> beggars belief that I have been outed by the

> artful dogger so easily!

>

> car park, I mean, handbags at dawn dear? ;)