> Hi,

> I'm a sound engineer in E.Dulwich who also dabbles

> in composing "experimental" music. Just wondering

> if anyone else round here is interested by weird

> sounds and wants to meet up and possibly put some

> gigs on?

>

> Alex

Well, I have Tinnitus, so my head is always full of weird sounds, like ringing & humming.

Hang on, maybe you live next door to me.

* bangs on wall*

"Stop with the bells and humming will you "

No, still there.

:-SA.

I have dabbled in a fair bit of 'experimental' music production, loosely based around house/techno music. I tend to do most of my experimentation digitally, mainly because real synths cost real money! I've also put on a fair few parties in bars and clubs around london with friends in the past for fun, nothing too serious! would be keen to try and set something up in East Dulwich when I move there in a few weeks time.

What kind of 'experimental music' are you into?

alex, a mate of mine runs an experimental music event every few weeks around Shoreditch/Bethnal Green/Stoke Newington, venue varies. if you're interested PM me, his next line-up is 24 feb, he encourages (depends on) people participating and presenting their ideas. it's very interesting to the un-initiated, like me.

KK

Thanks for the replies. I don't intend this to be anything serious, just a gathering with a bit of music for a laugh and see where it goes.

"What kind of 'experimental music' are you into?" - kind of like a more electronic version of John Cages indeterminate music, so quite soundscapey. here's a sample:

louisiana Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Is there anyone with a theremin locally?

I've built a few out of wire coat hangers in years gone by - once made a Moog Synthesiser-like device from a circuit published in a popular electronics magazine.

Always been a fan of electronic music ? don?t have any musical talent, though.

louisiana Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm fixated on theremins. Travelled to Brussels to

> see one in action a few years back.

>

> Is there anyone with a theremin locally? Or indeed

> an ondes martenot?

>

> I admit: I'm a bit of a music-tech junkie :-)

I love the sound Of a theremin being played!...Midsomer murders theme is played by a Theremin I believe?.

Hi

I play guitar and enjoy making a racket. Also, I've been making stompboxes, fuzzes mostly, but am planning on making a Gristleizer. I do make electronic music too - I have a TR606, Reaktor, Sonar and have dabbled with Supercollider, but my PC isn't working any more. I'd be interested in meeting even if for a chat about what's good and what's not.

Iain