What to do with a toad?

sillywoman

. . or possibly a frog. Just found it in our far-from-water garden being harried by our cat and making very cross squeaky sounds. Have no idea how it got here. Does anyone in Glengarry Rd, Tarbert or Trossachs Rd have a pond - if so are you missing a toad or frog? Failing that, should I just take him to the lake at Dulwich Park & let him go?

I think you should just put him back in the garden, when your cat isn't around. I've found toads in my garden & don't live anywhere near a pond. I don't know where they come from, but he is bound to find his way home by himself. Quite often, they just live in damp areas of the garden under stones etc.

I think Aquarius Moon is right. Leave it somewhere in your garden and it'll find its way home. They can travel quite long distances, and they usually hibernate and mate in the same place to it was probably just coming out of hibernation and is quite able to get home on its own. I used to find them in my garden quite a lot. In fact my chickens nearly caught one once but that's a whole other story......