East Dulwich residents needed for TV pilot

rben

Hello,

I'm looking for three pairs (couples, friends, housemates etc) of East Dulwich residents to help make a new television pilot and promote East Dulwich as a great place to live. As a resident of the area myself I'm keen to use East Dulwich as I know it's a fantastic place and I'd really like to show case it.

Each pair will be needed for around two and half hours next Thursday 17th March. We are unable to pay (apologies) and I am relying on peoples good will but I do promise to look after you. Making sure that you are kept stocked with tea, coffee and biscuits.

Any volunteers would be very much appreciated. If you're interested and would like to find out some further details, with no obligation, please PM me.

Many many thanks

If you only pay peanuts you'll only get monkeys!

What makes you think that any resident's will want ED 'showcased' thus encouraging more of the like's of you.

Shove off and take you video camera with you, until you find some deeper pockets.

Cheap-skate potless no-hopers.

Expecting people to work for free suggests you have a brass neck and a ruddy gaul.

I really don't understand why polite journalists and TV producers get so viciously attacked when they post perfectly reasonable and polite enquiries on the forum.

It brings out a particularly nasty streak in this forum.

I actually feel ashamed and embarrassed to affiliate with ED when it happens.

Huguenot it sounds as if you have sold your soul for tea and biscuits,

why should they not pay for peoples time like any other business would?

Everyone knows it can be an expensive indulgence to make a film,

but for those trying to do it on the cheap, smacks of doing it on the cheap at someone else's expense!

I am like Dulwichmum I can afford the best quality tea and biscuits money can buy........................from Iceland!

Huguenot Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I really don't understand why polite journalists

> and TV producers get so viciously attacked when

> they post perfectly reasonable and polite

> enquiries on the forum.

It's merely a Pavlovian manifestation of deep-seated self-loathing.

> I actually feel ashamed and embarrassed to

> affiliate with ED when it happens.

Drama queen alert.

Sure I can see that derbyean, and if you don't want tea and biscuits don't take up the offer.

However, there are people for whom being on TV and having a small part of their life and views documented and televised would be a fun way to spend a day. Why should they be prevented from or abused for doing so?

There are plenty of people who would pay a TV company to follow them around making a documentary.

Either way, I can't see any justiifcation for being rude to the researcher.

Same applies to the natmags thing - take the piss if it's a bit low rent, but rude?

But H you forget that some of the TV researchers/ producers that post on here are working on programmes with a budget and every one is being paid, apart from the people they seek. There is a difference though between asking someone to feature in a show as an intergral part of the documantary (that is never paid) and asking for someone to work on a show, be it even just in the capacity of a walk on/ extra (which should always be paid).

Just on a wider front, I think many people (certainly true for me) bemoan the demise of quality documentary, being increasingly replaced by cheap meaningless 'lifestyle' so called 'factual entertainment' (all the result of having to fill the schedules of the countless add on channels that hardly anyone watches).

It's not like they're being forced to march at gunpoint and perform in front of a camera on pain of death.

If some muppet wants to parade their interior decor / gastric band / thai bride in front of the general public in return for a Mellow Birds and a digestive then so be it.

I just don't see why East Dulwich needs to be promoted on TV as a great place to live above anywhere else, really.

I mean, it is a great place to live (or visit, as I do, from where I live Nunhead/Peckham Rye) because of many many reasons including local individual shops, the parks, the occasional friendliness (people can be incredibly rude no matter what background class or education) and helpfulness of the locals, and the general vibe, all difficult to show in a TV show. And how would that make interesting TV? It's a very 'So What' issue. Are we / the programme makers encouraging more people to come live here by having such a TV show, which would change its culture and put the property prices up even more, or are we just showing how nice it is to live here for its own sake. Are the programme makers about to make a series of 'nice places to live' in other parts of London / the South East / England / UK in general, or just a one off about here? No one or even three 'couples' can really be a complete represenation of East Dulwich folk, because there are many different types of people who live here, not just three, and the choice will be the programme makers' and not chosen by East Dulwich people to choose to represent all of them.

However, I would also say I think it is wrong for people not to be paid a professional going rate, when being expected to give of their time and theirselves in a commercial venture, ie a television show.

So there.