Disposable nappy recommendations?

Elenimh

My partner and I are due our 1st baby in a month, and grappling with the immense amount of choice for all things baby... I was wondering if any parents have recommendations for good value disposable nappy brands?

We're going to look into cloth/nappy service in the long term, but for the first month think disposable would be more manageable. Ideally the more biodegradable/natural the better, and unscented definitely!

I love the Naty ones - they are a bit more expensive than the brands like Pampers but are the only ones that didn't give mine a rash. For cheaper ones that are great (but sometimes gave my kids a rash - very sensitive skin) the Little Angels ones at Asda.

We love pampers newborn followed by pampers premium and huggies pure wipes. Just make sure you put the fringe out on whatever nappies you buy as if it is tucked in all nappies will leak

Make sure you bring gasoline/petroleum jelly to the hospital and completely coat the baby's bum as soon as he/she is born as the first poo is really hard to clean

I've found Sainsbury's 'little ones' to be as good as branded versions and a fraction of the cost. Realistically would try them out and see what works - also if they're leaking just go up a size - the weights on the outside of the packet are just a guide and mine (especially the boy) needed the next size up way before the weight limit.

Naty have a terrible reputation for leaking. I considered them but was put off by friends. We are a pampers household.

For what its worth, reusable nappies are only better for the environment under very specific circumstances. We looked into this a lot and you'd have air dry them basically year round and reuse them on a second child (without buying more than the amount used in the government study) for it be better than disposables in most places in the country.

However, in Southwark, the environmental case for reusables is almost impossible to make because Southwark's Waste Management facility is so advanced it turns everything into bio-fuel and new products used for construction material (including disposable nappies).

If you want to use cloth nappies eventually though for other reasons of course go for it! Just know there is no reason to feel guilty if you stick with disposables after the first month as you aren't harming the environment :)

Have been a pampers house until no3, when noticed the quality has gone down. I stil think they are the best for at night, but the toujours range is second best in my book. Can never remember if they are Lidl or Aldi! I don't like the Tesco or mamia range so much (find them a bit clumpy when wet!)oh also after NB stage, the active fit are my fave pampers.

Buying bulk on amazon is a lot cheaper than any supermarket. Eg. pampers at Sainsburys ?7 for 39, Amazon ?10 for 114. Same massive discounts for wet wipes. I know Amazon has its faults but when it comes to buying nappies/wet wipes the savings are so huge its hard to avoid...