Highly recommend - Mummies boxing classes with mind over matter boxing

Jwinter

Hi all

I just wanted to recommend for all mummies out there wanting to get fit the mummy boxing classes run by Simone from Mind Over Matter [www.mindovermatterboxing.co.uk]

Her classes are held next to Sainsbury's at Dulwich Hamlet football club . The classes are great if you have little ones to look after and don't have time to get to the gym. My little one is almost 6 months and is very happy rolling around playing on the mat whilst I work up a sweat. I was nervous at first taking her along to a class but Simone is really welcoming and accommodating to children of all ages, if baby is crying she is happy for you to attend to them - she's even assisted rocking my little one to sleep in the pushchair whilst I carried on training. Everyone in the class is friendly and I'm so glad I have finally found something i can do without feeling guilty that I'm not with my baby.

The classes are never repetitive and always challenging.

I have been to both the Monday mummy session and Sunday family session, where my 9 year old loved it, he was nervous and shy but he was made to feel at ease. He found it fun and challenging which is good for him!

I really enjoy the sessions, I religiously go to Mondays mummy session as it ties in well with my little one at nursery and he can also attend if they have any inset days etc which is a bonus.

It's a tough workout but thoroughly worth every penny as its intense but you do the best you can, unlike other gym classes I've been this is very personal and Simone always goes around checking we have the moves nailed and helps us if we don't and is always happy to show you how to do something, but she will encourage push you to work to the best of your ability!

I'd highly recommend going. It's very friendly, and you will feel and look great!

• 10 months later...

This is another recommendation for Simone - Mind Over Matter Mummy Boxing Classes.

As a new mum who enjoys fitness, life is made so much easier when I can take my baby to sessions.

We were made to feel very welcome from the moment we entered the room by Simone and the group has a very friendly relaxed vibe.

The class is extremely well run, a great workout & lots of fun (yes ... even the burpees!). Simone is very supportive & encouraging in her approach. I came away feeling empowered & looking forward to the next class.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Really recommend these sessions!

So refreshing to have found a mum and baby class that is a real workout! I was nervous about attending but I needn't have worried. Simone and the other attendees are so welcoming. No issue if you need to take a break to tend to your baby.

Punching pads/bags is sooo therapeutic, always feel great after a session even if it was a tough night with baby!

• 3 years later...