Noisy nights for parts of Altima Court

For the past three nights, one of the residents in a block of flats across the road from us on the corner of Crystal Palace Road and East Dulwich Road (what we are told is a type of halfway house) has been playing loud music throughout the night. The resident, for whatever reason, insists on placing his speakers on the windowsill leaving his windows open so that the whole area can enjoy tunes from Kiss fm all night long. We are struggling to get much sleep at night and have contacted the noise pollution team at Southwark Council, is anyone else suffering with the same problem? If so, please let the noise team know so that this may be resolved.

We think this may be a new resident as we have not had any problems in the past...

Gerrard

I believe quite a few forumites live down that way so yuo should have some support - it's a painful situation to be in. I have had to move home when I lived in Devon for same reason

Obviously I expect a fair bit of the old noise and music livig in London but loud music every night, all night and you can't sleep? That's not just inconvenient that can bring on horrible episodes through lack of sleep

best of luck

My sincere apologies to many of my previous neighbours. Selfishly, I used to be that nutter (not the one on Adys Rd).

But in my defence I grew up with noise. Lots of it. Fiery parents and noisy neighbours. We had a 9 strong Irish family with a mother that constantly screamed blue murder on one side and a West Indian family on the other side that held regular drinking/gambling parties with a King Tubby or U-Roy bass line rattling my bedroom window till breakfast time. Everywhere I went everyone was blasting out music and demonstrating the power of their speakers. Not that I minded at that age.

When I moved to Ladbroke Grove every floor of our house had a Sound System that pumped out Soul, Funk and Reggae day and night. Useful when a production co. filmed The Bill or The Chinese Detective on our street. We'd get paid to lower the volume, spend it on All Saints Rd and turn it back up again!

It wasn't until I bought my first home in Hammersmith (above a deaf 90 year old) and the council served an order on my wardrobe sized speakers that it occurred to me that I should turn it down a bit. I have ever since. Mostly. Sorry.

Gerrard I work for the organisation that manages this house. Could you PM me your details and I will pass your complaint on to the manager of the team that runs it. The problem I know was going on all weekend as the on call worker had to go out a number of times.

I am very sorry you are suffering like this.

I know the flat you are talking about, it is a recurring theme from that block and I have contacted the council many times to no avail. The residents are a complete nuisance, loud music, sheets instead of curtains/blinds, kids spill out onto the street at night drinking alcopops and most insist on having a rottweiler or a pit bull as a pet (the new badge for the socially deprived)- tragic for such a nice area.

• 2 months later...
So one of the first nice weekends of the summer. The sun is shining and all is fine. Apart from the bl*ody selfish b*stards in altima court! intent on spreading the R&B gospel they continue polluting the beautiful day with their loud excuse for music. Am i the only one wanting a little piece and quiet at the weekend - or am i just getting old???

which was it - R&B or gospel? Is there a hybrid? Glad I missed it...

R&B = no

Gospel = fine (even tho I'm a loooong way from religious)

What time of day was it? If it was before 10pm then I would say a fine summer evening in one of the worlds big cities, that sort of thing is the least of one's worries

ratty, to put your mind at rest, I do not think the noise is coming from the building managed by your organisation. If I were a gambling man, I would wager that the complaint is in respect of the RnB music which is played very loudly and frequently from one of the flats in the social housing block that is part of the Altima Court development.

Thanks mainly to your efforts and with the support of your organisation, we have had no further noise issues or broken nights sleep ourselves. Our flat is far enough away from the RnB for it to be a problem for us, but I do sympathise with my neighbours as noise can become a real problem.

Its not part of Altima Court! The halfway houses around Altima Court were built at the same time as part of the planning gain agreement by the developers of Altima Court. Having built them the developers handed them over to whoever now runs them.

If the noise is coming from Altima Court then contact Peverel Ltd, the managing agents. Their phone number is on the noticeboards at the entrances to Altima Court.

Is Altima court the new build block on the east side of Crystal Palace Road?

EDR (what I call it) is the building opposite on the west side. This is the one managed by the organisation I work for.

The block on the east side has a number of units that were let through Southwark Council Choice Based Lettings - I know because when I decanted a house for drug users in Elephant some years ago, a lot of them were offerred housing in this block. It is not uncommon for developers to have to include a number of social hoising units in new london housing developers - they are usually funded by the Housing Corp and handed over to RSLs to run (I believe).

Confused of Lewisham.

I think you are both right, and apologies for the confusion. The noise (I believe) is coming from the social housing that was built when Altima Court was built two years ago, I only get the chance to enjoy the loud RnB beats when I do my recycling (like a proper East Dulwich lad). It isnt part of Altima but was built at the same time.

Apols for my oversight, Micheal.

Altima Court runs along the south side of ED Road between Oakhurst Road and Crystal Palace Road. These are all privately owned.

The 2 supported housing blocks are behind Altima Court and face Oakhurst Road and Crystal Palace Road.

Ratty your bit is on the traffic lights in between Altima Court and the Council offices.