484 and 343 buses under diversion

Hello, just to report that for the next week these two bus routes are being diverted south of Merttin's Road due to closure of St Norbert's Road due to roadworks. The diversions are in place between 9.30am-4pm, weekdays only. This means that the 484 is diverted along the P12 route past HOP station and then goes on to Lewisham.

Renata

Peckhamrye Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> No 343s were running from Peckham Rye to New Cross

> Gate today at 5.00pm - the inspector told me it

> would be like that until 6.30. Incredibly

> inconvenient.

Inconvenient perhaps but it's not the end of the world or indeed forever. I'm sure bus users of these routes can cope for a few days!

KalamityKel Wrote:

>

> Inconvenient perhaps but it's not the end of the

> world or indeed forever. I'm sure bus users of

> these routes can cope for a few days!

So I'm assuming you are not a user of this bus. If you were, you may think differently.

It's not just a couple of stops, but most of the route.

And after working all day, pouring with rain, freezing cold, it actually does feel like the end of the world.

aquarius moon Wrote:

> KalamityKel Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> >

> > Inconvenient perhaps but it's not the end of

> the

> > world or indeed forever. I'm sure bus users of

> > these routes can cope for a few days!

>

>

> So I'm assuming you are not a user of this bus. If

> you were, you may think differently.

>

> It's not just a couple of stops, but most of the

> route.

>

> And after working all day, pouring with rain,

> freezing cold, it actually does feel like the end

> of the world.

Now now no need to throw "you clearly don't use the route" comment at me. Yes I do thank you very much. It's only for a short time for goodness sake! Yes it's an inconvenience but hardly the end of the world. If you didn't have the luxury of a bus route in that area you wouldn't be soft in thinking on such dependence.

Surely it is good road works are happening to improve the area and prevent possibly longer term issues which, god forbid, could result in the route being affected for much longer.

PeckhamRye I appreciate the grumble of being soaked through after a long days work and then find the route is disrupted - happens to us all- although I think disappointment rather than inconvenience is more apt here :-)

As I said on another thread I had started, there WAS information, posted on every bus stop on the route. Yes it is inconvenient, and yes it means we have to walk further, but they did put the warning up before the proposed start date even though that start date was itself not correct....

It often seems to be the case that the notifications only appear on the affected stops which is pretty useless for anyone getting on further back along the route.

Out of interest, how much notice were we given? I only saw the signs up on the Surrey Rd stop on Monday, but it's possible I didn't get a bus for several days prior to that.

Coming late to this but also was caught by this - went down to get a 343 last Wednesday - only an occasional user - no other notice despite being notified of changes at Burbage Road had no notice of this other than on the bus stop - nothing on TFL web site at the time - TFL etc could do better

TFL always handle this sort of stuff in a cavalier sort of way. If I remember correctly, the work was supposed to last from Tuesday to Tuesday starting last week, so Wednesday could see us back to normal. As so often happens with TFL though, we won't know until the buses start running the full route, usually the information doesn't get disseminated to the drivers very well so it's entirely possible we'll find a mix of some buses back to normal while others continue on diversion.

It should be possible for TFL to set up auto-notifications so that every time they update their website to say there's an issue or that work is planned along certain routes, an email/text would fire off to users of that route. Apart from the back end work, it would just require people to have an account with TFL and the ability to select the routes they want to be kept informed about. There would also be the requirement for TFL to update their site with the information. It wouldn't replace signs at bus stops, but it would make life a lot easier for regular users with email/phones.