Wood Vale shop attacked and robbed - 20th March

The general grocers and CTN in Wood Vale was attacked last night; shutter padlocks cut and plate glass window smashed - the till was taken and smashed open on the forecourt (coins scattered about) and cigarettes taken. Police were there 30 minutes ago - I would guess they will try to open today, if they can, but things are in a mess. Very sad, unnecessary and depressing. These are good people who offer a good service and range of products.

That's awful! Those guys are really good people who have turned an average local shop into a well stocked and run place that serves locals with what we need.

Add to that, the guys who work there are friendly and helpful. Theu didn't deserve it (though of course no one does).

This is indeed very sad to hear. You would have thought someone would have heard something, presumably no alarm.

I do hope they are able to get things as straight as they can, so they are able to re-open, what is the now the only other shop on that parade.

Glad to report that they are now open (indeed, in the spirit of the Blitz, rather more open than usual). As only cigarettes and money (as far as I can see) were taken, and the fresh vegetable rack covered in shards of glass, everything else is in stock.

Was sad to see this yesterday... utter mindless vandals & scum, glad to see they were still open and getting on, not being beaten... I've been popping in there for ten years, lovely guys. When I was Ill and it was the only place I could stagger to in-between Chemo treatments a few years ago, a guy used to follow me around with a basket and help me get stuff, offered to walk me home with my bags. Hope they catch the gits who did it soon, they really trashed the place.