Nails in the tyres

TGAGE

I have just put a new tyre on my car as there was a nail in it last Sat (?125). I have found another nail today same shiny one in another tyre at the back. This seems very strange within less than a week. Does anyone know if anyone is doing this as there are no nails in the road where I park. Silvester Rd SE22

Bad luck, it's a real pain. I've had one in the last year, my partner has had two. Pretty sure its just carelessly discarded nails rather than sabotage though.

Mine was repairable, cheaply. My partner's was a replacement job, as it was near the edge. If yours is in the main tread area, hope it will be repairable this time.

I have been told by my friend in the same street that it is someone that is doing this and to check the floor near your tyres in the morning before you drive off. As the person is putting the nail under the tyre for when you move off.

We had a tyre slashed on Upland Road last summer (and noticed at least three others on the same day). Also smashed mirrors on occasion.

?125 sounds steep? Never paid more than ?70 for a top brand (e.g. Michelin).

The chap at Melbourne tyres told me he gets a load of visits including from the police - reckons there's a lot of deliberate sabotage.

Lowlander Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ?125 sounds steep? Never paid more than ?70 for a

> top brand (e.g. Michelin).

I think this depends very much on the size of the tyre, I've just paid much more for some Pirellis.

I'd definitely recommend e-tyres if you have a puncture. I've had them out a few times to replace tyres and repair them. Lovely guy who normally comes, and very trustworthy - he recommended repair over fitting new one.

Much easier than going into kwik fit or similar

As a biker this could be really dangerous for us, and my husband and I always always always - when we see a nail or screw in the road - go pick it up and chuck it in the bin for the sake of all vehicles. Would recommend everyone does this; you will never know the damage and maybe even lives you could be saving by preventing an accident. Just pleeeease do that if you can. Such nails and screws are especially visible around building sites.