Is virgin media down in dulwich?

I have been without Internet since the thunderstorm early hours this morning. Is this affecting the whole dulwich? I am from Se21 area. Tech support can't confirm it and the Web page status page says their broadband is fine. Anyone have problem with virgin media today?

I've been having intermittent problems with Virgin all weekend (SE15). Definitely worth getting in touch with them to pester: the local issue was marked as resolved and wasn't, but after I got in touch (and was told it was probably my kit and they could get an engineer out next week!) a new area wide issue was suddenly logged and fixed.

Good luck.

We have been told to to a factory reset on our internal router, has anyone done this at home as I can't believe it will make any difference!

I am not using my phone as a hot spot as I can't actually to any work otherwise

Stressed!!

I am going to take great pleasure in telling Virgin Media that I am leaving them this week after 10 years of poor service and huge expense. I have signed up to Talk Talk who I know also have mixed reviews in ED/PR but I am going to be saving a small fortune every month so at least if the service is still rubbish with them, I shall be better off financially!

Co-incidentally - Has anyone else just had an email this morning form Virgin saying that there has been some changes to their package ? I can't remember exactly how much it was a month before but I am assuming the changes mean yet another price increase!

KatieJ Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I am going to take great pleasure in telling

> Virgin Media that I am leaving them this week

> after 10 years of poor service and huge expense. I

> have signed up to Talk Talk who I know also have

> mixed reviews in ED/PR but I am going to be saving

> a small fortune every month so at least if the

> service is still rubbish with them, I shall be

> better off financially!

I'm on their fibre service and have had no issues at all. Unlike Virgin.....

Oh that's great Bic !my current pretty basic package is ?65 a month and Talk Talk will be ?35 for exactly the same things. I have heard Virgin can make it pretty hard to leave them though (as in you have to pay and they also won't take no for an answer - I have asked and asked in the past for a better deal and they knocked a fiver off a month and said that's the best they can do!

I'm sure there's other threads but hey ho...

Is there a noticable diff in speed between sky Virgin bt talk talk?

I can see what they all offer but in reality, what does this mean and is it really noticable.

For example I work at home. Nothing major. I stream Netflix too.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Is there a noticable diff in speed between sky Virgin bt talk talk?

It will depend which service you sign up to. Fibre based services are faster than DSL services over copper. Fibre is also faster than coax. But it depends whether you have contention on the line and what the service is scoped to. Whatever you get will be less than the 'up to' claim. It also matters whether you connect to your router directly (Ethernet) or via WiFi. I use BT Infinity 2 - that's good enough for my needs.

I use Ethernet connections to my PC, Smart TV and streaming boxes (Now TV and Amazon) and have no issues watching YouTube, Netflix, Amazon etc with TalkTalk Fibre.

I only use Wi-fi for my tablet, phone and Chromecast and while the speed is slightly slower, there's no issue streaming video or using Skype.

Agree totally with Tractorlad, Virgin are major cowboys, promised me the world to sign up to fibre optic b.band and couldnt even get any connection, when it was working it was painstakingly slow, reminded me of the old days before broadband. They owned up that they cannot meet any expectations to provide a service, major work is under way in the area which apparently gets put off and put off various excuses between Virgin and southwark apparently. Therefore not estimated to even start till August. I also found the engineers weren't very professional, complaining that they are overworked and lack of communication, leaving a mess of cables in their path. We only found out by chance that our transfer of phone line never actually happened. Took too many calls to resolve matters and I've been promised compensation which has yet to materialise. Returned back to Sky just normal broadband and phone line ?18 p.m, fast connection and problem free. I hear BT are good too but this may depend on area.