The Cheese Block

ms_1316

This surprises me to be honest as I've never found fresh bread to be like this. I've also never thrown a loaf away before, but I tried to make toast with it and that was even worse!

Any recommendations on some really nice fresh bread that can be bought on a saturday morning to go with my bacon?

Just try getting a baked badger though. I've had no luck in four years. They must sell out really quick or something.

Edited to keep on topic: I like their bread but wonder whether someone after a loaf of organitastic deli-bread would feel underwhelmed by it.

Brendan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Moos Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

>

> > And I'm sorry to lower the tone, but

> Sainsbury's

> > does a lovely multigrain loaf.

>

> Yeah and do you know what they put in it? Kitten?s

> tears that?s what.

It doesn't taste good unless tears of fear and pain are introduced at the kneading stage. Fact.

perhaps i'm not posh enough to post on this subject, but i think the bakers opposite mootoo (you know, the one with the blue fascia) does lovely bread. It's always fresh, it lasts two or three days (and if i haven't eaten it by then the ducks in peckham rye love it) and they also do a mean hog roast weekdays! It may not be ?3 a loaf but it sets off my william rose bacon perfectly!