Stolen bike

lilolil

First they steal the front blue tyre and now they have taken the whole bike!!!!

Just now by the Herne Tavern my son's bike was nicked.

IT IS very distinctive with one back wheel which is BLUE!!! IT IS DNA marked with an orange sticker under the frame to let thieves know this. It is a GIANT TERRAGO make, grey in colour. If anyone sees it or knows anything please PM me

lilolil Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks.....but its only got one blue tyre now, the

> back one. They stole the front wheel last

> week........

If it's the same people, they could have put it back on again.

Dulwichmum a word of caution for your au pair: The possession and use of pepper spray by 'civilians' is extremely controversial and illegal. Possession can result in a firearms charge and if my hazy memory serves me correct I have seen the use of pepper spray amount to an assault with a deadly weapon.

Now I know you're being facetious and pulling everyone leg as per usual, but I'd hate to see someone get unduly deported.

Commiserations on the loss of the bike lilolil, I'll let you know if I come across it.

I'm sure the aupair only has the pepper spray to keep her little charges in order, so more a tool of her trade than an offensive weapon ;-)

Sorry to hear about the bike lilo, it's become a bit of a landmark. First yellow, then the blue wheels. Let's hope it turns up soon. :-S

what was it locked up with out of interest and how?

(not in a 'told you so' way, just interested to know what level of thief roams this area)

Search 'Cropperman' on Youtube for several reasons why you should be spending at least 15% of the value of your bike on a lock. Scary.

hmph.....he popped into the shop....was only seconds, which is all it takes. What makes it worse was that he had another bike stolen from there a couple of years ago.WE KNOW, WE KNOW, and really dont need reminding that it was foolish, but anyone who knows my madcap son (and lots of you do) will know how impulsive and spontaneous he is, and like many others doesnt think....

IT IS a very dinstinctive bike, and apart from the rear blue back wheel, it has a playboy logo on the front mudguard!!!

Feel slightly let down by the community warden who was very sarcastic saying dont you know the number of the police...it's 999.

update two boys were seen walking up dunstans road with it

Another update re description of the bike...

It has a hydrolic brake system i.e two small cannisters containing oil on each of the handlebars.

It has a bike chain within a tube around the frame and the seat to stop the seat from being removed. There are three mudflaps, one unusually in the centre of the bike.

This bike has been DNA identkitted and has an orange sticker underneath the frame.

We just want it back no questions asked.