Goose Green Consultation

Does GG need improving? It's a small patch of land. Common sense suggests that it'll be used more in the summer than the winter and mostly by families, young people and dog walkers. People walking and cycling to go about their business will use it as a cut through. Provided people can be persuaded to stop littering (including but not limited to dog fouling, broken glass, human food waste) and provided those on cycle don't hurtle through, is the park not pretty much fit for function as it is?

I've always thought of the children's play area as separate and see that this needs funding for maintenance, upgrading etc..

I note out of 3 times they saw a dog pooing, 1 case the owner didn't pick it up (they seem to thinks that's GOOD)

40 amounts of dog litter were counted at an event held on June 22, 2009

37 amounts of dog litter were counted at an event held on March 2, 2009

I wouldn't take my children there since they let dogs run free

fuschia, you seem to have a very limited range of free time occupations. precise numbers of errant dog poos on named dates. seems like cobblers to me, love. the overwhelming number of dog-walkers are diligent in picking up. methinks you may be a member of the anti-dog gestapo, an accusation you will, of course, now deny.

Davidh, dear, you might have got that all wrong, darling. Still, I wouldn't waste the small amount of free time you have worrying your pretty little head about it.

3. Education Events: Flag the Poo: Two 'Flag the Poo' events took place at Goose Green between March and July 2009. 'Flag the Poo' is a campaign that uses bright orange flags as a way of highlighting the incidence of dog fouling. Events are targeted in areas where dog fouling is known to be an issue. Education leaflets on dog fouling are subsequently distributed to local households.

40 amounts of dog litter were counted at an event held on June 22, 2009

37 amounts of dog litter were counted at an event held on March 2, 2009

davidh Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> fuschia, you seem to have a very limited range of

> free time occupations. precise numbers of errant

> dog poos on named dates. seems like cobblers to

> me, love. the overwhelming number of dog-walkers

> are diligent in picking up. methinks you may be a

> member of the anti-dog gestapo, an accusation you

> will, of course, now deny.

I am quoting from the consultation document

Just a thought but how about cordoning off a bit of the Green and setting the bus stop slightly back from the road (the one on the Goose Green side of East Dulwich Rd), it's so cramped there when people are waiting for a bus and pedestrians are trying to walk through... might be nice to ring an area so that the stop can be set back from the narrow pavement. It would mean losing a bit of the green but only a smidgen.

Will add to the consultation.

Interesting that the consultation document doesn't propose replacing the fence that previously diagnonally bisected the Green along the path, but instead proposes a possible small dog-free area.

I would prefer to keep the whole of the Green open to everyone, but increase the number of checks and clean-ups.

I also suggested the Green would be improved by adding planting around the edges, to reduce the impact of the traffic.

Find it hard to believe; that there is dog mess on the green - at Goose Green ? We have community [?] wardens don?t we and ward councillors are around [allegedly] every weekend ? And how about SN cop?s.

Afraid there is, Trump. I recently had to report some faeces on a bench which I cannot be sure wasn't human - if it was a dog's it must have been an enormous and rather agile one.

That said, I do think there is less now than when we had the fence up.

Moos Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Interesting that the consultation document doesn't

> propose replacing the fence that previously

> diagnonally bisected the Green along the path, but

> instead proposes a possible small dog-free area.

I would prefer the green to again be split in two, poo area and no poo area.

It should all be no poo, surely? Do you mean dog and no dog?

I ticked the boxes pretty much along Moos' views. Enforce more and keep cleaning up.

If you have a designated no-dog area, it will be ignored by the same owners that currently don't clean up.

Also, the FIDO and flag-a-slag days seem to indicate that at any one time last summer there were 40 odd turds on the Green (inclusing the little bit by the mural).

FIDO were coming 2-3 times a week, so we could extrapolate perhaps 10-14 dumps a day. That's not a lot of owners - making enforcement possible?

• 4 weeks later...