Noise in Crystal Palace Road

Sue

I'm all for people having fun in their garden.

It was past eleven, not the weekend, and they were talking at the tops of their voices and screeching.

I think that's anti-social.

Maybe I'm just a kill-joy :-$ but I like to be able to sleep on a Summer night without having to close my windows because of avoidable noise.

I like Dungeness, so that would suit me Steve :)) Apart of course from the nuclear power station at the end of the beach.

But hey, of course London is more noisy than Dungeness - I'm talking about avoidable noise due to people apparently not realising, or not caring, that their neighbours might be trying to sleep or might like to be quiet in their own house after 11pm on a weeknight.

This wasn't conversation at a normal level in the garden, or even slightly above normal, it was shouting and screaming.

And I hope I'm not hypocritical - I have disturbed neighbours with late night noise, albeit from inside my house :-$ They let me know, and I apologised and am more careful now.

I was just being silly, I know the feeling, I live opposite Locale and last night a party was going on until gone midnight, i guess it's just the trade-off of living in London to further out, and even then people still have gardens and mouths.

Water bombs are pretty effective ;-)

Yeh, maybe next time if I can identify where the noise is coming from I'll get the hose out and do a bit of late-night watering in that direction :))

Sometimes I think I'm becoming "Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells" or Grumpy Old Woman :))

I heard the noises you are referring to Sue: I was in the car on the way home and I could here the noise in Crystal Palace Road, and also for a good bit of Upland Road! At first I thought someone was in danger but then realized they were just having a "loud" good time... but yes I also thought it was a bit out of order at that time on a school night!

Dunno if it was the same people but was anyone else kept awake by a very very noisy party that my neighbours threw last night (corner CP Rd and North X Rd)? I know, I know, it's a saturday night and it's summer, but they didn't warn me (or invite me!) and I had to get up early this morning. Bah humbug etc.