Foxtons (House Prices)

Alan Dale

There are plenty of other Estate Agents who are perfectly capable of over-inflating the price of your property without having to give any business to Foxtons.

In every dealing with Foxtons I have had, they have been totally PANTS.

after seeing that docu on TV about how they scam their way through a working day by signing documents that they shouldn't in order to push through a sale in order to get the best bonus they can bla bla bla and yet more bla....I'd rather have Woolies back. You new where you were with good old Woolies.

(The docu focused on one particular Foxtons office, so I'm not commenting about AlL the branches. I'm not one for slander.)

Here Here *Bob*...I think it's also the cars emblazened with the logo that tear about the streets, that seem to hack me off alot as well. But then again, I s'pose most things hack me off and hence I consider the place to be a Mad World....moan moan grumble grumble.

I will never use Foxtons - nothing to do with that documentary, either. My experiences of them include charging landlords and tenants for cleaning which was never done, attempting to charge fines for "late" rent payments which were actually on time, etc. As well as complete apathy from head office.

The rises are a good thing in my opinion but there we go... HOWEVER... there's a house on Ashbourne grove on at 950k with Haart - are they on crack - you can buy in the village for that... surely even Foxton's wouldn't price it that high!!!

are they on crack LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I watched Grand Designs abroad last night and for 26k you could buy a three bedroomed bloody house with terrace, on three floors in the French countryside. So yes, crack must have something to do with the farcical situation in the country.

Can't say I agree Alachlan (rising house prices being a good thing)

Surely anyone can see that people in important jobs (And many in non-important but better paid jobs) are beyond getting a place so your second argument means nothing if you can't actually get hold of a property in the first place (ie it will never be an investment)

The only way some people in that position can do it is to beg borrow and steal and become a property investor themselves - fuelling the very speculation. It's all a house of cards and will come tumbling down. The fact that people have been predicting the crash for years without it being true doesn't make it not so. Compared to the last housing crash the average UK dweller relies on debt so the pain next time will make any glib remarks about houses being more than a place to live seem very callous

Indeed so Tillie - the way some people talk these days I wonder if they were even alive at the time, or like childbirth, the pain was so great they have convinced themselves it can never happen again

it's the end of a busy day so my post was rambling a bit - but in short: people must come to a realisation that houses are for people (not just themselves) to live in - from there we can all get on with whatever we do in our lives to make money. We start thinking of them as investments we a) accumulate to the detriment of others and b) will suffer ourselves when the next crash comes

Point a) is of course a foundation-block of the world we live in but surely we can restrict it to commodities with less of a basic need for living?