campervan stolen honor oak rd orange t25

gus

Hi there, our beloved orange vw t25 campervan with a white stripe down the side and a cream roof and pop top was stolen at some point between 22:00 on Saturday 27/09/13 - 07:00 on 28/09/13 from Honor Oak Rd, opposite fairlawn school near the P4 bus stop.

Please get in touch if you have seen this van driving about, if you have spotted anything similar for sale, either as the whole van, or for spares. It's a turbo Diesel, left hand drive. The driver and passenger seats are beige and brown, brown door cards. The rest of the interior has a new white headliner, beige carpet on the walls, orange plaid full width rock and roll bed, rear seatbelts with two child seats called "Pampero Comfitrip" and a portable green electolux fridge.

If you happened to be coming home late on the evening of the 27th/early on the morning of the 28th and remember seeing it parked up it would also be useful to know as it could help us narrow down the time that it was taken.

We brought this van as a banger years ago and have been painstakingly restoring it, I can't put a price on the sentimental value, our family holidays will never be the same again, we can't believe it, we're gutted.

Here's to hoping! I've had another thought, if anyone spots a load of camping detritus fly tipped or dumped in a wheelie bin or skip (old folding camping chairs, those plastic foldaway camping tables, bedding, a large zebra print blanket)can you let me know

thanks

if you're offered any of the below items at a bargain price could you let me know?

a green electrolux camping fridge, a coleman phad 3 tent, a large grey retro drive away awning, one or two "Pampero Comfitrip" childseats,

very sorry to hear of your theft, a while ago there was a whole spate of campervan thefts reported on the forum.

There is a camper van open day today on Barry Road so maybe let the guys there know about your van- they could keep their ears open for anything suddenly appearing on the market. You could ask them to circulate picture.

Also there seems to be a regular VW sale around Bermondsey- you can see them lined up along the road under the railway as the train goes towards London Bridge.

Good Luck. What an absolute bummer. Hope she turns up safe and sound.

I am so sorry to hear about this, having converted a panel van into a camper, I know just how much hard work goes on in such a project and how much of you as a person goes into it. This is not just a vehicle, this is something that means more than the cost of what went into it. Unfortunately the scumbag who took it probably doesn't see it that way. I wish you every luck in finding your beloved camper so that more family holidays can be taken in it.

There have been a number of these kind of thefts over the course of the last few years and they will continue unless please help make it stop. It's not just the people doing the actual theft, it's all those facilitating it by buying panels and spares no questions asked from these little bastards. There's no chance we'll ever see our van again, our kids have been crying their eyes out :( If you get offered anything suspicious please help and get in touch

Good people to get in touch with are all the local postmen/women. My uncles (one of a kind) car was nicked and they found it as his postie who was a fan of the car spotted it parked in an estate on his rounds. Maybe speak to the guys in the local sorting offices and ask if they would put up a few posters to raise awareness? Hope you find it.

gus Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> that's a great idea, I'll get a note out to the

> local sorting offices this week. thanks for the

> tip!

xxxxxx

I really really hope you find it, and certainly go for the sorting office idea, but I'd be surprised if a thief would park such a distinctive looking campervan in the same area that he (I'm assuming it's a he) had stolen it?