Very good customer service in THE CHEESE BLOCK

I went into this establishment at the weekend and as always, was a bit overwhelmed by the display and choice of cheese. I asked the man (the owner) behind the counter, what could he recommend for making a cheese sauce. He gave me so much advice and free tastings, that I left very happy. What good service! I know that some of the LL shops have in the past been given a bit of a rough ride when it comes to customer service, and that's why I wanted to say "Thanks Cheese Block, the meal I cooked was a winner!"

I can also report an exceptionally friendly experience in the Cheese Block recently - having previously commented on their lack of of friendliness, I now find myself having to offer a complete retraction. Maybe my previous experiences were based on being there at very busy times, maybe I was just unlucky. In any case, I am now a very happy and impressed customer.

Glad to add my support to the cheese block which provides excellant service and as done so for many years before ed became trendy such original ideas should be supported. Lets hope others with original ideas help to increase the tapestry of ed.

Also like to say best samosas's in SE :)

The Cheese Block is one of ED's greatest assets - the range, the quality, the smell. I am slowly working my way through their stock and would like particularly to recommend the Caerphilly - meltingly smooth just under the rind, crumbly in the middle (but leave it out of the fridge a while before you partake). It may be a bit more expensive than supermarket cheese, but it's not the same product at all (Frankly, the opportunity to inhale the ripe and nutty odours while queuing for five minutes in CB more than makes up for any price differential anyway).

• 3 weeks later...

That's great and better than the service I had in my search for 'morels' as featured in Gordon's F word recipe last week. Here are my findings: The Cheese Block had none and nobody helped me look even though I was the only customer, clearly in need! I asked in the Organic veg shop (on LL) if they had any moels which they said they did not! The lady in the Turkish store opposite ED Deli bent over backwards and found two different types of dried mushroom costing ?1.99 while ED Deli only made me feel I will never go in there again for fear of the clothes being ripped off my back....a tiny packet of morels to be found but for ?12.45!!

Also found the freshness of the veg in the organic shop on LL was disgusting and the man in there (owner I think) is sooo miserable.

So the moral (boom-boom) of my tale is to look in unexpected places and ye shall be rewarded!! Organic veg shop on Northcross rd very good too!

>>That's great and better than the service I had in my search for 'morels' as featured in Gordon's F word recipe last week. Here are my findings:<<

?5.49 for a 20gram packet at Sainsbury's :)) (But we are lurching off-thread and I hear the heavy, lurching tread of Admin....)

stoney1 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> That's great and better than the service I had in

> my search for 'morels' as featured in Gordon's F

> word recipe last week. Here are my findings: The

> Cheese Block had none and nobody helped me look

> even though I was the only customer, clearly in

> need! I asked in the Organic veg shop (on LL) if

> they had any moels which they said they did not!

> The lady in the Turkish store opposite ED Deli

> bent over backwards and found two different types

> of dried mushroom costing ?1.99 while ED Deli only

> made me feel I will never go in there again for

> fear of the clothes being ripped off my back....a

> tiny packet of morels to be found but for ?12.45!!

>

> > So the moral (boom-boom) of my tale is to look in

> unexpected places and ye shall be rewarded!!

> Organic veg shop on Northcross rd very good too!

Stiney - how dare you come and here and express views like this - dont you know that THEY are WATCHING