We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

www.eastdulwichcarpetcleaning.co.uk

https://www.gokayfitness.com/3-months-body-transformation

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Which pubs, bars, restaurants and take-aways do you avoid?
messageDemolition of the old PO sorting office on Silvester/Pellatt Roads
Posted by Pootle March 24, 11:40AM

Demolition at the old PO site on Silvester/Pellatt Roads seems to be carrying on, while neighbours are stuck at home, many of us NHS staff on shifts and most trying to home school. The noise, vibration and dust is unbearable. The builders are all huddled together during breaks, too, and one has developed a cough in the past few days. The work is clearly nonessential, as they are building a block of flats and 3 town houses. Apart from the obvious public health concerns, I am interested to find out how far is the noise travelling - are other people locally finding it a nuisance? Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was march 25, 11:44am by Pootle.

messageRe: Demolition of the old PO sorting office on Silvester/Pellatt Roads
Posted by Mark March 24, 11:44AM

Can you take a picture of the builders huddled together to support your argument?

Posted by ruffers March 24, 10:58PM

What would that achieve?

Posted by Mark March 24, 11:12PM

Everything mentioned is speculative, back it up with evidence (such as photos) and you're more likely to get a better outcome.

Well, better than just letting off steam on the forum.

Posted by ruffers March 24, 11:16PM

Still not clear on the objective though, what are we trying to prove?

Posted by Pootle March 25, 06:57AM

The point of my original post was about the noise, which we are monitoring. Neighbours are in lockdown at home. There doesn't seem to be any good public health reason for the building work to continue.

Posted by Mscrawthew March 25, 05:04PM

It certainly isn't essential. Do we know who is funding the project?

Posted by Mark March 25, 05:14PM

I see you've added re. the huddled builders "and one has developed a cough in the past few days." to your original post.

As noise is your issue "The point of my original post was about the noise" perhaps speak to the noise people at the council. I'm not sure they can deal with the noise of coughs though.

In regards to the virus: "Construction firms split as shutdown calls grow" [www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by seenbeen March 25, 06:24PM

Most of these builders travel into this area from outside on public transport and the ones that are fixing up the house next to me do NOT stay apart- I'm going to photograph them but who to report it to?

Posted by Pootle March 27, 05:10PM

The site is now shut, because the builders are symptomatic and self-isolating.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum