Best way to Heathrow from ED

Andyng

Hi,

Can anyone recommend ways of getting to heathrow from Ed?I have been told to

try various routes from going to clapham or east croydon then taking a train.

Has anyone tried these routes before as Ive never travelled there from ED

before? Would love to hear from you.Is a taxi much difference in price?

Cheers

getting from here to West London anywhere is a bloody hassle.

What train would you get from East Croydon to Heathrow? It still involves going to Victoria to pick up the tube. So you might as well get the bus to Victoria as Sean suggests or pop to Herne Hill and get the train from there to Victoria. Or get the train from ED to London Bridge, then the tube to Paddington then the Heathrow Express, phew - get a cab.

If you can get to Clapham Junction it's fairly straightforward to get a train to Feltham (30 mins) and change to a dedicated bus (5 minutes journey). Trains from Crystal Palace go directly to Clapham Junction (15mins), so if you can get the 63 bus (10-15 mins to CP) you'll find it quite a useful journey. That journey is around 1hr. I've used that route quite a few times (leaving from West Norwood station instead of CP)

Bit of a wildcard here but it has worked for me in the past. 185 to Vauxhaul - Train to Teddington - Bus from Teddington High Street to Heathrow.

In general it is a bugger getting to anywhere in SW london that's why they have different accent an' all.

Well the best way I have found to get there so far is: Go to my sister?s gaf in Teddington the day before on the pretence of staying over and getting the bus there the next day. I tell her what a great sis she is, letting me stay on the sofa before a long-haul flight with all my luggage and everything. She starts to feel guilty about me getting the bus the next day and ends up giving me a lift in the car. Result. >:D

I quite enjoy driving so quite willing to do a trip, have friends out that way who I'm always happy to visit.

East Dulwich, Victoria along the river, earls court etc about an 40 mins drive out of rush hour.

PM me and I will let you know if it's convenient.

I get train to victoria, one of the lines to earls court, picadilly the rest of the way.

Grinning and bearing it is also needed for this route, and give yourself an hour and a half.

Cabs waste of money and Heathrow Express is the most expensive transport journey (cost/duration) in the world apparently, but alternatives are all a right royal pain frankly. City airport far and away my favourite if it's ever feasible.

Brendan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Well the best way I have found to get there so far

> is: Go to my sister?s gaf in Teddington the day

> before on the pretence of staying over and getting

> the bus there the next day. I tell her what a

> great sis she is, letting me stay on the sofa

> before a long-haul flight with all my luggage and

> everything. She starts to feel guilty about me

> getting the bus the next day and ends up giving me

> a lift in the car. Result. >:D<

I tried this once - but your sister just slammed the door in my face ::o

How much are you spending on the flight and holiday. Check the ?35 taxi fare as a % total cost and make a value judgement.

Is 90 minutes of hassle / lifting bags on / off buses, tubes and trains plus waiting in rain, cold, crowds and having to apologise for massive rucsac, bag(s) etc worth the saving when set against a leisurely ride, with someone else driving, from your front door to the terminal door.

For me this equation invariably comes out in favour of a taxi for me - doubly so when making the trip from airport back to home and quadruply so if travelling with family.

fatfightersforever Wrote:

> yes make this trip many times and always tortuous

> and expensive unless can persuade mr fatty into

> taking me. Isn't there anyone 'resting'(?!)

> between jobs who might fancy the odd run either

> there or back for ?30 ish?? Promise not to talk

> during journey....

Like I've said previously

I quite enjoy driving so quite willing to do a trip, have friends out that way who I'm always happy to visit.

East Dulwich, Victoria along the river, earls court etc about an 40 mins drive out of rush hour.

PM me and I will let you know if it's convenient.

Also can give me an excuse to keep going and spend some time at home (last junction off the M4)

TillieTrotter Wrote:

> Dearest Mogsy, you are such a little Angel, always

> willing to help. You will have the comfiest seat

> in heaven.:))

I'm polishing my halo as I type, play scrabble, work from home & watch TVAM