Youths selling overpriced dishcloths door-to-door

kford

OK, let me ask you again. Your evidence for this statement is - what, exactly?

For the sake of returning your patronising comment, I can only refer you to my statement "To be honest Sue, there is no evidence for this sort of thing" Then you can re read the thread and repeat yourself once more.

Assuming(I do a lot of this by the way) you can understand the word implication and the phrase tongue in cheek as stated in my posts I would think you can gather the level of evidence I have. This is a forum, not a court.

From reading the other posts, thus far we have intimidation, tax evasion, damage to property, and fraud. All without forensic evidence I think. If you think these lads are not involved in theft you are as naive as I am assumptive.

amyw Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> we get them fairly regularly, they have a knack of

> coming when i am expecting my sister and her

> husband. they are always rude and unpleasant. i

> dread the abuse, its horrible. sweet-chicken -

> thats awful about your planters!

Knack? Expecting? Sister? Brother-in-law?

Personally Amy, I'd stop inviting the bleeders round.

They sound like a jinx to me.

Go round their gaff and see how they like them dishcloth sellers bein' all up in their faces an' shit.

That'll settle their hash real good. See if it don't.

Of course if you're on good terms with sis and bro'n'law then just treat the above advice as though it was the ranting of somewhat gined-up lager drinker and not the counsel of a trained professional.

Your choice.

lpool Wrote:

> Just called. Said no and he went away. Wonder if

> they ever read this forum?

Where was his insistence? His aggression? The bloody minded, and if necessary, obscene verbal abuse?

Honestly, youths selling overpriced dishcloths door-to-door these days? Not a ruddy clue.

Don't know they're born, half of 'em.

And there I was, just about to post about how wonderful it was that the old traditions and practices were being kept up.

For those in a seriously challenging frame of mind, don't bother about the spurious charity, just ask to see the guy's pedlar's certificate. Honest, guv. http://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q239.htm The Pedlars Act 1871 also prescribes that:

"Any pedlar shall at all times, on demand, produce and show his certificate to any of the following persons ... Any person in whose private grounds or premises such pedlar is found: ... And any pedlar who refuses, on demand, to show his certificate to, and allow it to be read and a copy thereof to be taken by, any of the persons hereby authorized to demand it, shall for each offence be liable to a penalty not exceeding [level 1 on the standard scale]."

I remember about 3 years ago I actually bought some oven gloves (I needed some and kept forgetting to get some). There was a slip of paper in each product that they were selling which gave details of who the 'charity' were. Needless to sayI could find nothing in the interweb about the said 'charity'. I knew it was a bit of a scam but it got me out of a problem.

There guys have been going door to door for years and I remember buying a pair of sissors from them at least 12 years ago - bloody good pair that could cut metal - they were they type used in hosptial to cut clothes off.

Nowadays I just say no thanks and shut the door.

Dodo1 Wrote:

> We had them last night sent him away but by the

> sounds of it my neighbour bought something!

Your neighbours bought something noisy?

Are these youths now trading in, for example brass instruments?

A saxomophone? A trombone? Maybe a trumpet?

If they come round then buy off 'em 'specially if the 'axe' in question is by Boosey & Hawkes.

You can start playing modern jazz, straight away.

Unless of course your fingers are palsied, in which case you can go up a notch to freeform.

Jaaazz, that is. Yeeeaah.

HonaloochieB Wrote:

> Dodo1 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > We had them last night sent him away but by the

> > sounds of it my neighbour bought something!

>

> Your neighbours bought something noisy?

> Are these youths now trading in, for example brass

> instruments?

> A saxomophone? A trombone? Maybe a trumpet?

> If they come round then buy off 'em 'specially if

> the 'axe' in question is by Boosey & Hawkes.

> You can start playing modern jazz, straight away.

> Unless of course your fingers are palsied, in

> which case you can go up a notch to freeform.

> Jaaazz, that is. Yeeeaah.

xxxxxx

Sounds (:))) like you're more drunk than I am :))

i remember the blind man selling his wares always admired him for it its funny growing up in cpr 4 doors down from the uplands our bell used to ring at night normally one of my brothers punk friends any charity selling was done during daylight hours or saturdays now with 2 children myself i dont answer the door after 9 if not expecting anyone theres too many chancers after a quick nick eric