Recommendation for Mark Newlove - gas safe engineer for central heating/ boiler

Super-T

Mark installed my new boiler and replaced a radiator last year; it's all running like a dream. He's just been out to service my boiler he is one of a few who will come out on a Saturday if you ever have a problem. He is also very diligent and will make sure you have the correct safety certificates etc. A good bloke, highly recommended.

Following a service last autumn, Mark came back today to install a filter on our boiler which he carried out very efficiently, despite some unforeseen problems which he was quick to identify and remedy, explaining things clearly as he went along. We also asked him to refit a radiator following some redecoration, again all done to a high standard. Mark clearly knows his stuff and we would recommend him for any boiler or heating related work.

• 2 weeks later...

Id like to add my recommendation for Mark Newlove here.

This is the second year i've used him to service two boilers and do a landlord gas safety certificate. Mark always fits me in quickly, is on time for appointments and explains any issues in simple terms. I think he is fantastic! The first time he came he had to tell me that my boilers had been fitted badly and he sorted everything out for as low cost as possible.

He is also very efficient with emailing certificates and his invoice which i appreciate. I prefer to be paperless if possible. I also pay him directly so i don't have to faff about with cash or cheques which can be an additional headache.

I will definitely be using Mark again for any issues/ maintenance on my boilers. I have also recommended him to others in the area.

07971 824 567 or [email protected]

Tanya

• 5 weeks later...
If you want a job doing properly.... call on a professional with 30 years' experience. That's Mark Newlove, who has just given my boiler a new lease of life after it stopped working altogether. Arrived quickly, instantly spotted the fault, traced and drove to collect a part for the near-obselete boiler, and fitted it to the house's delight - all within a couple of hours. Remarkable man, clear, decisive, knows his job and how to explain it to those a little short of plumbing knowledge. And to cap it all, the price was right. Thoroughly recommended. 07971 824 567 or [email protected]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
We arranged for Mark to service our boiler and megaflow having seen all the recommendations on here. I can confirm that he's exactly as described by previous posters - prompt, professional, clearly expert at what he does, and a pleasure to deal with. Since he left, our heating's been working better than it's done in years - I guess the last person to service it didn't really know what they were doing. No hesitation in recommending Mark for all things boiler, gas and heating related.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I can totally recommend Mark Newlove ~ we were looking to get our boiler serviced and he booked us in right away, including giving an accurate estimated time for arriving on the day. He knows his stuff, and knows how to explain it too, which is always appreciated. He serviced the boiler, fixed a couple of issues, cleaned out a limescale build-up, fixed a dripping cistern valve which he'd noticed, and gave us tips on a few other things for keeping things running smoothly, all within the hour. He and his co-worker were both really easy to get on with, and as well as getting the job done we had a good laugh too! It's easy to see why he gets so many bookings and recommendations.

Contact details: Mark Newlove 07971 824 567

• 3 weeks later...

I too can highly recommend Mark Newlove. My boiler broke down Sunday night so used the forum to find a gas engineer and was fortunate to find the positive recommendations for Mark. He came as soon as he could, identified the problem and fixed it the following day. He worked around my availability. He is efficient, trustworthy and polite. When it is time for a new boiler I will be using Mark.

Contact number:07971824567

Thanks Lisa

• 5 months later...
I'd like to add a recommendation for Mark Newlove. He serviced my central heating boiler and also fixed a leak that was connected to the boiler pipes. The leak was in a very awkward place and Mark did a great job. He was really efficient, polite and good at explaining everything. I'd definitely use him again!

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if we caught him on an off day but I definitely wouldn't recommend Mark Newlove, our experience of him was very different to all this positive feedback - which I've checked and it looks legitimate.

We found him quite cut throat, unwilling to come and give a quote but eager to come out and charge a flat fee with little effort to engage in the problem and the information I offered before he came. In the end I only called him in since the other plumbers I tried were not available at short notice.

As a result, he came in, identified the fault, found a work around (rather than resolving it or providing a report) and asked how we wanted to pay.

Bare minimum, bog standard, in and out, off to the next job. Cynical stuff.

He definitely seems to knows his stuff but his manner and interest in customer service or satisfaction was really poor.

• 1 year later...
I'd like to recommend Mark. He came round, identified the issue, was very informative and fixed our boiler for a fair price. He also was happy to talk about ways in which we could protect our system moving forwards. I would use him again.