More motorbike crime

James, I think that would be great. There's is definitely demand in the area. I have used one on a residential street in Putney which I believe is Wandsworth borough. I grabbed a picture off Google Streetview and attached here.

-------------------------------------------------------

> I have a query with council officers why we can;t

> deploy ground anchors in the road. I've seen this

> in Westminster City Council area for motorbike

> parking. Nothing to stop us having this in East

> Dulwich other than would we have sufficient demand

> to justify, will the council let us do this?

>

>

> Caesi01 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > hi

> > Problem with the ground anchor is it has to go

> on

> > your property i.e. your front garden most

> likely.

> >

> > This might be difficult for many, as with

> wheelie

> > bins taking up most the space, not much room

> left

> > to also park a motorbike. The anchors IMO would

> be

> > more useful if they could be installed on the

> > pavement/Street in front

Rhinestone Cowboy Wrote:

> Although I have a ground anchor in our drive It

> would be great to have one in the street

I second that. Anything that will make it more difficult for these thieves.

Friendship with the boat in the ocean of life is impossible easy, sometimes encounter clouds and storms, and in this case, the friendship should be this or that test after these dark clouds and storms, and then the friendship will more consolidated, true friendship, in any case will shine new light.

And I love to create friends,Because: CSGO Skins Kaufen to be along side friends

invited here: www.rsgoldfast.com

Just another reminder to lock bikes securely.

Last night, we interupted a group of about 6 men on mopeds trying to steal our neighbours bike. It was still light (9pm) and they were very noisy so this was a brazen attempt. Our neighbour, reported it to the police who said that the group had targeted another bike on Barry Road about 5 minutes before.

I wondered if James had heard back about ground anchors from Southwark? There are about 6 bikes on our street and I'm certain all owners would use a designated space and lock up if available. None of the properties on our street have big enough front garden spaces. We are in Peckham Rye so this would be applicable for Renata.

Commiserations to everyone affected by these crimes .......... and just felt the need to share.....

The ignition on my husband's bike was broken. We don't know when it happened because the bike hadn't been used for a couple of months, but on trying to start it up - it wouldn't start. Also noticed that the cover on the chain had been pulled back. Bike workshop confirms that ignition broken by someone trying to steal it ..... ?300 to fix :(

We have off street parking and a ground anchor - otherwise I expect the bike would have been gone.

Carol

Good grief. So the Constabulary knows where these thieves are and what they're up to, yet the villains remain at large. By extension, what chance is there of arrest for stealthier criminals, like the sadcase who carves up people's pets? :-/

Back on topic, a cheap little extra measure if you're going away or mothballing the bike for a bit: tape down the horn switch. Easy to defeat but after dealing with chain, disc lock, steering lock, alarm etc the thief probably is not expecting it (I doubt they follow this thread). The horn going off just as they boost the ignition might just be the "oh s#++" moment that makes them leg it. Or might just make someone look.

I'll report back when I've done this myself ? I'll inevitably jump out of my skin when I get back and forget my own 'booby trap' ;)

Hi guys,

SO I and James Barber have been exchanging emails with the road planning and engineering people at Southwark Council. It seems that getting residential bays is a very long and complicated process. However, I have done some of the legwork and am going to put in an application for a fixed bay and the anchors/railings to go with it. To apply for the funding I will need to find 3 other motorcyclists with whom we could all share the bay. Location is obviously important, I live fairly near the great exhition pub on CPR or also near Barry road, so near these could be suitable. Can people PM me any interest and ideally a fairly accurate idea of where their property is and we can sort a location...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just to let people know that we had our motorbike stolen last night from our front garden in full view of the South Circular junction on Lordship Lane.It was a white Kawasaki Z750. It seems that these nasty scum bags are getting bolder and don't even care about committing these horrible crimes in full view of others. Please be aware bike owners of ED, it seems that nowhere seems safe any more.

Sorry to hear that dippybird, I hope you were well insured?

As is happens, I had a call from the police 2 days ago, saying they have recovered mine. Apparently they found it in Bexleyheath, fully intact. As the insurance has already paid out and I'm no longer insured, I don't know where I stand with it, or what I should do tbh. I'm mainly interested to find out if they caught whoever took it.

Just to be aware, my dad was woken up this morning at 5.30am on upland road to a banging sound. He looked out and saw two guys on a moped trying to steal a neighbour's motorbike. He shouted at them and they drove off but literally three minutes later they returned. He called the police and started filming them. They were very brazen and didn't appear bothered. He ran outside and they drove off. The police arrived really quickly. They thieves had also attempted to steal another neighbour's motorbike but had given up on one as the owner had removed his battery as he'd gone abroad. The most shocking part is how unconcerned they were at being spotted. I think they were used to be able to steal it really quickly and make a fast getaway.

mrsilencio Wrote:

> Sorry to hear that dippybird, I hope you were well

> insured?

>

> As is happens, I had a call from the police 2 days

> ago, saying they have recovered mine. Apparently

> they found it in Bexleyheath, fully intact. As the

> insurance has already paid out and I'm no longer

> insured, I don't know where I stand with it, or

> what I should do tbh. I'm mainly interested to

> find out if they caught whoever took it.

I had one stolen years ago which turned up in Bexleyheath, the only damage was to the ignition, and similar to you the insurance had already paid out. This means it's their bike, although the police let you know as you're on the log book presumably.

You could offer to buy it back from them I guess if you want (at a very reduced price). I did that before on (another) stolen and damaged bike and got it for virtually nothing as it was a cosmetic write off.

As far as finding out who nicked it I've had 3 stolen over the years, all found, and no idea on who took any of them.