Table Tennis Tables in Dulwich Park

citizenED

There are also some 'installations' around the road in the park that look as if they are keep-fit orientated. Last time I went around the park they were still bubble-wrapped, so difficult to tell. I hope to see a few 'fit' men embarrassing themselves soon!!

They are either excercise machines or sculptures. I'd bet my bottom euro that they are the former. They are installing Table Tennis tables in some school playgrounds. There are table football tables in the playground at Peckham Academy.

I think it's great whoever paid for them, playing table tennis outside on summer evenings, even very badly is one of lifes great and free luxuries, they have them every where in Switzerland. normal bat and ball, hey presto!! They have one on Hilly Feilds too which seemed very popular today.

hugs

Table tennis?! Fantastic.

I recently played neon table-tennis at Shunt bar, London Bridge. The wires between bat and table slightly interupted the quality of play (or maybe it was the G&Ts), but it reminded me what a great game it is.

Someone should organise a friendly tournament...?

• 2 weeks later...

Oh for goodness sake.

Just because you don't like these things doesn't mean to say that nobody else does.

I read the magazine, and I am looking forward to playing table tennis in the park.

I think it's a great use of council tax and makes the borough a nicer and more interesting place to live in.

I agree, I bow to no one in my irritation when public money is wasted, but this is a great idea - for a few thousand quid, thousands of people can get enjoyment out of the new tables and exercise equipment until the things rust away. Its a great idea and money well spent.

Nice to see some of you like Table Tennis, I played competitively for 30 years and have around 150 cups and trophies, former Kent Junior and Senior champion, National quarter finalist 1976! stopped in 1994. I was the Dulwich league champion in 1984. Pic attatched of part of the trophy cabinet, note the wine glass which indicates a fondness for red wine.