squatters on goose green (Lounged)

maryopl

>On the bottom 3 floors there are 10 Polish people, who were recently evicted from their squat, therefore homeless in this country. We >won't go into the logistics of it all, but they all work full time on wages that the likes of the majority of you wouldn't survive on

The council should help as they are homeless.

I trust they get at lest the minimum wages:

The National Minimum Wage (NMW) is a minimum amount per hour that most workers

in the UK are entitled to be paid. If you are being paid below the NMW you can

contact the Pay and Work Rights Helpline for confidential help.

Pay and Work Rights Helpline

For confidential help and advice on the NMW call 0800 917 2368

?5.80 - the main rate for workers aged 22 and over

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/employment/employees/thenationalminimumwage/dg_10027201

Many East Europeans are exploited horribly by gang masters and many have resorted to squatting due to extremely low income.Non violently and politely I must add. Another option I have seen a lot is three to a rented room sleeping in rotation.

Not many homeless services for them at the moment. Some repatriation services for those for whom the move to the uk did not work out. Many have not got too much recourse to services.

Minimum wage is hardly going to apply sadly.

If this is the case (and no doubt, it is) then how does perpetuating this life of misery - by way of supporting it - help?

eg Does selling and buying The Big Issue help homeless people, or exacerbate the situation?

I myself am an immigrant.

When I asked your government to please let me live in your country, they sent me a tome of an application which essentially made me agree (and prove) that I could fend for myself and had no right to "the public purse". I then had to have just about everyone I've ever known sign and witness that I understood this. My entry visa states "no recourse to public purse".

I agreed, and was welcomed. The recession hit, we lost our jobs, and the savings are gone. So we are going home, as that was my end of the agreement as I read it.

We rolled the dice, lost everything, but we made that choice. Britain gave us as much as we were promised.

Simples.

edited to add: way off topic now sorry!

Dear Squatters, get out. Its not your house.

99% of civilised folk pay their way in life, I fail to see what terrible hardship prevents you doing the same. When I was young, keen to study but poor, I did what most people do, went out, got a job, and worked bloody hard. I suggest you do the same and spend less time on here defending your morally questionable rights and more time earning your keep so you are not a drain on society any longer than you need to be.

goosegreenteam Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Would you like to point out these holes you seem

> so convinced are there?

>

> Pick your words carefully.

>

> The Goose Green Squatters. x

I see the main hole being its not your property. Someone spent ?715,000 on that property only 9 weeks ago and Im pretty sure they dont have a bottomless pit of money remaining to fight a glorified bunch of scroungers. I have no doubt at all that you are all civilised and intelligent as you mentioned in a previous post, that is by the by. It is not your property and you have been asked to move on, you should do so, otherwise you run the risk of losing the very little sympathy you have.

TheAllSeeingEye Wrote:

> you have been asked to move on

have they? (other than by people on here, who it really ahsn't got anything to do with?)

Milo

You are right, I am not sure.

I seem to have my own hole.

Reggie

Milo Wrote:

> Reggie,

>

> Regarding your 'hole' number one, how do you know

> work is immenent on the house? I live next to a

> flat conversion development, permission for which

> was granted in 1999, work didn't start until two

> years ago.

>

> Huguenot,

>

> People in glass houses...

pk Wrote:

> TheAllSeeingEye Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > you have been asked to move on

>

> have they? (other than by people on here, who it

> really ahsn't got anything to do with?)

Yes, they have, as they admitted somewhere above on the previous pages Im sure. It terms of "it really hasnt got anything to do with ...", it shouldnt have anything to do with the squatters, they shouldnt be there, none of us should have anything to do with it, this situation should not exist.

Prices were a lot lower in 1999. House could have been bought way before then and possibly not have a mortgage or a very small one. Maybe owner was living in it. So ?715k is a alot of money to pay for a house that is in a state and I would expect that the work will start as soon as planning permission is granted in order for the purchaser to convert into flats which they will then sell on or rent. And why is that a bad thing? Perhaps the purchaser is also planning on living in one of the flats. Those houses are HUGE and not many people would need or be able to afford to live in one that size. Are there any that have not been split into flats?

reggie Wrote:

> Milo

> You are right, I am not sure.

> I seem to have my own hole.

> Reggie

> Milo Wrote:

> -----

> > Reggie,

> >

> > Regarding your 'hole' number one, how do you

> know

> > work is immenent on the house? I live next to a

> > flat conversion development, permission for

> which

> > was granted in 1999, work didn't start until

> two

> > years ago.

> >

My understanding is that planning permission is only valid for a certain period of time and nothing like 9/10 years.I presume once it lapses you have to reapply. Thus I'm pretty sure Milo is incorrect on this point.

GooseGreenTeam,

I have no desire to be hostile to you but let's not kid ourselves, you have not happened upon a derelict housing falling into disrepair with owners who have shown 'no interest.'

You have forced your way into someone else's house while they're briefly absent - 4 months since the owner bought it is no time at all.

Interested to know if you think there is a minimum time period before you can count a home as having 'no interest' from the owner (apart from the interest rather implied by them having recently shelled out over 700k on it)

a 4 week summer holiday?

a fortnight?

If I bought myself a home but couldn't move into it for 2 months because I was working abroad, or in hospital recovering from an operation or staying with an unwell parent, or hell, just exercised the choice not to move into it for a couple of months because it's mine and I can do that, would you feel justified in breaking in through an 'open window' and taking it from me?

I'd really like to know what your thoughts are? (can we save time by cutting out any 'we know the owner isn't working abroad or in hospital' to-ing and fro-ing as you had no idea of what the owner's situation was when you broke in.)

Narnia Wrote:

> reggie Wrote:

> -----

> > Milo

> > You are right, I am not sure.

> > I seem to have my own hole.

> > Reggie

> > Milo Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > Reggie,

> > >

> > > Regarding your 'hole' number one, how do you

> > know

> > > work is immenent on the house? I live next to

> a

> > > flat conversion development, permission for

> > which

> > > was granted in 1999, work didn't start until

> > two

> > > years ago.

> > >

> My understanding is that planning permission is

> only valid for a certain period of time and

> nothing like 9/10 years.I presume once it lapses

> you have to reapply. Thus I'm pretty sure Milo is

> incorrect on this point.

\

Incorrect on what point?! I don't want to get into a debate about Metaphysics, but the point I made did actually happen. Planning permission for the development near my house was put in for during 1999, building work didn't start until late 2007, these things actually occurred, no grey areas, no opinion.

You're not "pretty sure" Narnia, and similarly Reggie it's not that you are "not sure", you're both just making things up, like many of the posters on this forum. That's what people do when they're hiding their real motivations.

Or......

planning permission could have expired, then applied for again.

Seems to me that by using terms such as "pretty sure" and "not sure" Reggie and Narnia have been honest about the extent of their understanding.

Curious to know who is "making things up" and what you suspect their motivations could be?

helena handbasket Wrote:

> Or......

>

> planning permission could have expired, then

> applied for again.

>

> Seems to me that by using terms such as "pretty

> sure" and "not sure" Reggie and Narnia have been

> honest about the extent of their understanding.

>

Yes, planning permission could have expired, then applied for again, and the same is true of this property being squatted. Funny how those 'pretty sure' and 'not sure' turn into facts a few posts later. Just like the squatter's being aggressive and the building work which is imminent. A very useful way of putting down someone whose lifestyle you disagree with - the real motivation.

TheAllSeeingEye Wrote:

> pk Wrote:

> -----

> > TheAllSeeingEye Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > you have been asked to move on

> >

> > have they? (other than by people on here, who

> it

> > really ahsn't got anything to do with?)

>

>

> Yes, they have, as they admitted somewhere above

> on the previous pages Im sure.

i must've missed that bit

seems inconsistent with most of what they've said

pk Wrote:

> TheAllSeeingEye Wrote:

> -----

> > pk Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > TheAllSeeingEye Wrote:

> > >

> >

>

> >

> > > -----

> > > > you have been asked to move on

> > >

> > > have they? (other than by people on here, who

> > it

> > > really ahsn't got anything to do with?)

> >

> >

> > Yes, they have, as they admitted somewhere

> above

> > on the previous pages Im sure.

>

> i must've missed that bit

>

> seems inconsistent with most of what they've said

You didn't miss it PK, they didn't say that, it's just another made up story, despite TheAllSeeingEye being "sure".

Milo Wrote:

it's

> just another made up story, despite

> TheAllSeeingEye being "sure".

Like the one about not having forced entry (as detailed in squatters handbook chapter x: always maintain you didn't force entry)

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.

It's a dirty business: both getting into places other people don't want you to be in, and getting people out of places you don't want them to be in. I expect lies and skulduggery and are the order of the day.. on both sides.