Car sales on Lordship Lane

I used to go there some years ago and the guy who ran it was really nice. If he or whoever has a car parked on their property then so what. The fact if that a lot of the pavement you walk is are private property but the owners haven't exercised their rights to prosecute you for trespassing.

If he or whoever has a car

> parked on their property then so what.

Answer: its illegal (as stated above). The council should enforce.

The fact if

> that a lot of the pavement you walk is are private

> property but the owners haven't exercised their

> rights to prosecute you for trespassing.

Answer: if they haven't previously prevented public access (e.g. by fencing off) they cannot enforce for "trespass" as none has been committed.

Oh here we go, the newbies get a slight sniff of one of a handful of 'old ED'er' owned shops and they want to get their greedy tree hugging hands on it! This guy has been running this place for years, there isnt any harm being caused, and if he owns the land then fair play to him for utilising the space. Why oh bloody why do nosey people have to constantly stick their conk in at every possible oppurtunity? Is it because they are uncomfortable with having such an 'out of place' establishment in between some of their smart trendy shops? Makes me feel sick thinking about it! Leave him alone! That place is part of the furniture, if you dont like it, jump a bus to Putney! GRRRRRR!!!

Louisa.

Louisa, you are adopting a postion against "newbies" without any attention to what they are saying

eater81 - you piss people off all the time - you don't need a parking space outside a shop to do it

4 times over the last few years I've tried to buy basic hifi stuff from that shop - everytime he looked at me like someone trying to rent a property in a fish shop

You want to defend something like that, go ahead

Louisa Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Oh here we go, the newbies get a slight sniff of

> one of a handful of 'old ED'er' owned shops and

> they want to get their greedy tree hugging hands

> on it! This guy has been running this place for

> years, there isnt any harm being caused, and if he

> owns the land then fair play to him for utilising

> the space. Why oh bloody why do nosey people have

> to constantly stick their conk in at every

> possible oppurtunity? Is it because they are

> uncomfortable with having such an 'out of place'

> establishment in between some of their smart

> trendy shops? Makes me feel sick thinking about

> it! Leave him alone! That place is part of the

> furniture, if you dont like it, jump a bus to

> Putney! GRRRRRR!!!

>

> Louisa.

I might be new to the forum but I've lived here all my life...how long have you lived locally?

Sean perhaps my cynicism regarding 'newbies' is related to the fact that this guy is one of the last enduring features along this side of LL, and it is no coincidence that despite plenty of things to attack the guy with regarding customer service and whatever else, they suddenly decide to pick up on something which is relatively harmless in the grander scale. I just have this awful feeling that a lot of this stuff is aimed at him and his shop because it no longer fits in with the generally more 'upmarket look' of the place in recent years.

Louisa.

Kapt.Kopter Wrote:

>

> I might be new to the forum but I've lived here

> all my life...how long have you lived locally?

I have lived in and around this area ALL my life, and I have been a member on this forum almost from the very beginning.

Louisa.

Louisa Wrote:

> Kapt.Kopter Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> >

> > I might be new to the forum but I've lived here

> > all my life...how long have you lived locally?

>

> I have lived in and around this area ALL my life,

> and I have been a member on this forum almost from

> the very beginning.

>

> Louisa.

congratulations, nothing like getting on at the start and shouting at those who dare to tread behind you

Yes indeedy Kapt.Kopter, so sit back and take in some criticism of your stated opinions, rather than assuming that because you said it, and others agreed, that it somehow validates what you said and makes it correct. It may well not be. Oh how i've missed posting on here!

Louisa.

• 2 months later...

I kind of agree with tiger ranks on this one.

The owner of the shop has owned the business & sold cars on that plot for many years, probably long before some of you moved to Dulwich. Dulwich residents should welcome the new look Lordship Lane but also appreciate elements of the old.

He is probably struggling to make ends meet & doing what he can to survive. I too was born and have lived in Dulwich all my life and don't see that it's really that big a problem?

so JEREMY what do you drive then if the golf is not up to your standards

and as he wrote

ratty - acting like a @#$%& since 1970

oh people please grow up

i must come to the next drinks event so i can hopfully meet you all i might bring the car salesman from lordship lane to see how many of you would love to voice your opinon to his face (i think not )

I saw this on Sunday. The forecourt outside the shop is private but didn?t notice any drop kerbs. Is there any? If not the car is illegally crossing the public footway, the owner should apply and pay for a drop crossing as others have to, they would probably get refused.

London Borough of Barking and Dagenham have this problem but they have taken to installing bollards and guard rails to try and stop it?.it hasn?t worked. People were even driving up the drop crossings at the signals.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Lordship+Lane,+Camberwell&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=19.070755,39.331055&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Lordship+Ln,+Camberwell,+Greater+London,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.556502,0.114155&spn=0,0.019205&z=16&layer=c&cbll=51.551881,0.114357&panoid=B7yeIPopXN8MeFMS3IMXAw&cbp=12,101.59,,0,19.38