The worst night out on LL (Liquorish)

easy Jahlush. Pret is one of the catereers that I have to deal with on a daily basis, and I dislike them.Boring and laiden with mayo and more mayo.

I'm still swaying from the idea of eating Boots food. But then again I do like arty, farty, whacky, posh or was it poncy food. I can't remember.

Louisa you're making me laugh, your world view sounds like an Escher drawing in which the unhappy become less happy because they keep having unhappy thoughts which they can't get over, because they're unhappy (refrain).

As for the 'mezze' cock-up, that's silly and insulting. I used to like it in there and have had decent breakfasts but that was some time ago. Now that the 'missing something' has been suggested I know why I've never felt quite right in there. It is a corridor with alcohol.

(added) Sorry, what I said above was after reading page one of this thread, I'm a bit rusty at this.

ap

Louisa I once went out with a guy from Hartlepool. I went to the oldest social clubs in the United Kingdom. They had a meat raffle on at the time I walked in; with my two fluro heads and five legs (might as well have done) so I know where you're coming from.

Thing is I don't live in Bolton thank the f*ck, but I do live in the South Eastern part of the country where we are ALL classed as whacky, arty and farty by people from the North, whether you like it or not.

When in Rome, Louisa, when in Rome.

Good point, MadWorld.

Dear Louisa spends much time on't forum denouncing those who like what they consider to be 'the finer things in life'. Fast forward to Bolton where she gets stoned to death for asking if there's a Pret-A-Manger in the vicinity.

It's always good to remember: just when you think everyone else is a bit of an arse and you're the voice of reason, there's always a whole load of other people who would think that you're a bit of an arse at well.

It's not a snappy motto, but I think it works.

macroban Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Nothing wrong with spam fritters.

>

> They were a real treat when they came up for

> school dinners.

I agree - in my day in the Navy circular spam fritters were known as Elephant's Footprints. Tinned tomatoes on toast = Train Smash, tinned Steak & Kidney puddings = Babies Head's. Fried bread, bacon, eggs, sausages, black pudding & beans = full house. Black pudding on it's own was not politically correct but flavoursome.

MadWorld74 Wrote:

> I remember corned beef fritters, unfortuantly.

> Until I found the eyelash of the cow in one of

> them, hence the veggie status for the past 19

> years.

Corned beef should only everf be eaten as a hash.

I've just read through this thread and been most amused - all MadWorld wanted was a bit of understanding about the cracker and coleslaw - unless it's Boxing Day and you're watching re-runs on the telly, it doesn't cut it in my book either, and then to be charged - hilarious!

But then what happened.. we end up with the whole exiled-Northern-population-based-in-London outraged (albeit half-heartedly in my case). Cor Blimey Lousia, got to hand it to you, you could cause a fight in an empty room!

Louisa Wrote:

> It's like asking for a Big Mac without the gherkins, it just

> wont happen in the UK.

My friend goes into McDonalds and asks for a Cheeseburger without the burger and always gets it...

Ko Wrote:

> Louisa Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > It's like asking for a Big Mac without the

> gherkins, it just

> > wont happen in the UK.

>

> My friend goes into McDonalds and asks for a

> Cheeseburger without the burger and always gets

> it...

why dont they just ask for a cheese sandwich,that would confuse maccas.

miss G and T Wrote:

> Good Lord Louisa, what is your problem! Did your

> mother not tell you that if you've got nothing

> nice to say don't say anything at all??

and what's the nice thing in this post?

or in most of the complaints on this thread?

Affluent Veggies: Don't let the OTT bums-on-sofas 'personality' off the telly make you miss-out on the dining experience.

GR's actually does a full-on vegetarian tasting menu, a delight to behold, by all accounts.

haha (spits tea across keyboard).. There is no way on god's earth I would spend that sort of money on a meal.. But i'd quite happily let someone else spend it on me, so any offers to visit GR's will be warmly received Bob (hint hint) ;-)