NOISY birds on Glengarry Rd/East Dulwich Rd

cab

Slightly odd topic, but does anyone live near Glengarry Road and the main road and is disturbed during all daylight hours by the incessant tweet tweet tweet tweet x 1000000 by what I think might be a blackbird or maybe some sort of tit (!)?! Does this last all year or is it mating season? It's driving us to insanity and heavy ear plug use, despite keeping our windows shut. It's weird because I lived in another part of ED til this year and never had a problem. What's going on, what do those birds want?!?!

Birdsong is always louder in the Spring, personally I love it.

If it was a blackbird it wouldn't drive you mad I'm sure, blackbirds have a beautiful song and tend not to repeat the same thing over and over. Stopped me in my tracks, literally, the first time I heard a blackbird singing.

Could be a flock of sparrows? Starlings?

If it sounds like a squeaky wheel which needs oiling, it's a Great Tit :)

If you really want to hear birdsong, go to Sainsbury's car park around 2 or 3am, just stand and listen, absolutely amazing. Would never have believed I would hear anything like that in London.

Edited to add: Shameless plug, we hear it after a Goose Is Out! gig at DHFC on a Friday night, coming home after we've taken down the fairy lights, blown out the tea lights and stacked up the chairs. But we always have to drag ourselves out of bed the next morning and get down to DHFC with a hangover to finish clearing up :))

I think the tweeters are sparrows - there are so few around any more, but there's a family of them near the corner of Trossachs Road and Glengarry Road. And yes, they tweet, tweet, tweet incessantly. Or it could be a great tit - they're very loud and do that 'pitchoo, pitchoo' call all day long.

I love spring birdsong and will be heading up to Dulwich Woods for the dawn chorus walk on Friday 30th.

the answer is quiet simple, they are singing to see who moans 1st on the forum !

personally i would rather the sound of any wild bird`s making a racket all day long,

to the sound of emergenc vehicle sirens and teens outside my house all hours or the night making up a racket.

I love hearing the Spring birdsong too although I do agree they can be very noisy and they have woken me up a lot lately (but I really don't mind being woken by this).

I am rubbish at identifying bird types. What is the one that makes the "teacher, teacher" or "rusty bike" sound? If anyone knows the answer that would be great as I think I can hear that one a lot. Thanks.

A blackbird's distress/pissed off call is a very annoying constant tweeting, as opposed to their song which is lovely. If there is a blackbird nesting and a cat is lurking it will do its distress call constantly. Get over it, it's nature. Either that or get a shotgun.