Stunned

moondancer

This made me cry. I feel for anyone he feels deceived. The lies and mistruths told during the campaign are what truly angered me the most as it robbed people of the chance of making a genuine decision.

I am very fearful for the future but hope that leadership emerges that can steer the country back on course.

Louisa Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Cameron has not only overseen the first breakup of

> the UK, he's managed to unleash an entirely

> avoidable scenario by allowing this disastrous

> remain campaign to fail, and consequently engineer

> a second Scottish independence referendum

> alongside rocking the fragile peace process in

> Northern Ireland - and that's before we even get

> into the topic of the economic, social and

> political consequences of the brexit vote which

> people like me have naively fallen for in the hope

> of creating a better world. As each hour passes

> the more regretful I become.

>

> Louisa.

I think weirdly London will be ok, tourism, low exchange rate for sterling making expensive luxury housing attractive to rich Asian, Chinese, Russian investors, a reduced but active financial centre but a lot of new jobs in Westminster to help with EU negotiation and replace the lost EU work on trade.

The areas that voted out will suffer from lack of EU funding, higher tariffs to sell food from Lincolnshire etc. to the EU and a non- elected Etonian for prime minister soon who is more London centric than cowardly Cameron!

This was the one of the most stupid thing a Prime Minister or the British public has ever done.

8m people did not vote for whatever reason. The Spanish are going to hold a general Election because of the Brexit...I expect they will elect the person who will kick out the expats.....and then watch their economy go down the tubes quicker.

Unless they are worried about all their under 25s who are in the UK...and there are a lot of them...

It was interesting to note that 40% of Scots want to leave the EU- I know that their young people are finding it very difficult to get places in prestigious unis because of the attraction of no fees to EU students.

Our young people probably do not know enough to make an informed decision, most of them are influenced by the sensational, emotive junk on social media.

The following stats from the Telegraph are very telling

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/24/eu-referendum-how-the-results-compare-to-the-uks-educated-old-an/

Given the demographic of the EDF, and London as a whole, it is no surprise there is such strength of feeling....I was not surprised by the result because as the Archbishop of Canterbury said a few weeks ago- it is always the poor and uneducated (thanks to Lsbour's Crosland destroying grammar schools, and failing to equip our young people with a trade), who suffer under rises in immigration. And this is the first time those who have been dispossessed have been able to express their feelings- and you people spit on them

I was reading an article about a school for kids who can't be taught in the mainstream

There's a 'new' behavioral diagnosis which reminds me of this whole situation

O.D.D (Oppositional defiant disorder)

I can think of a few here on the EDF that might apply to

uncleglen Wrote:

The

> Spanish are going to hold a general Election

> because of the Brexit...

The Spanish general election is today, didn't they do well to organise it so quickly? Honestly, if you're going to pompously say that those who don't agree with you are uninformed you really ought to try not to spout complete balls yourself.

uncleglen Wrote:

> 8m people did not vote for whatever reason. The

> Spanish are going to hold a general Election

> because of the

Wrong, their election is because the one last year produced an unworkable government. Please check your facts.

I expect they will elect

> the person who will kick out the expats.....and

> then watch their economy go down the tubes

> quicker.

Unlikely, in my opinion. I'd be interested if you evidence that they intend to kick out expats.

> Unless they are worried about all their under 25s

> who are in the UK...and there are a lot of

> them...

How many is 'a lot'?

> It was interesting to note that 40% of Scots want

> to leave the EU- I know that their young people

> are finding it very difficult to get places in

> prestigious unis because of the attraction of no

> fees to EU students.

And 60% want to stay. That's a much higher % than the rest of the U.K. (London expected) so I'm not sure what you're point is.

> Our young people probably do not know enough to

> make an informed decision, most of them are

> influenced by the sensational, emotive junk on

> social media.

Given that there's a fair number of Leave voters already upset at the reversal on the ?350 million figure and unhappy at the idea free movement might stay, plus Boris and Gove seeming reluctant to push for immediate implementation of Article 50, I'd say that both sides have been mis-informed. There's sensational, emotive junk all over the place, and now is he time for calm heads and a clear analysis of where we are at. Boris Johnson needs to step up this week and clearly state what he sees as he way forward; right now there is confusion over what exactly has just been voted for. Many Leave voters would say they did not vote for a Norway style deal, for example.

>

> The following stats from the Telegraph are very

> telling

> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/24/eu-refe

> rendum-how-the-results-compare-to-the-uks-educated

> -old-an/

> Given the demographic of the EDF, and London as a

> whole, it is no surprise there is such strength

> of feeling....I was not surprised by the result

> because as the Archbishop of Canterbury said a few

> weeks ago- it is always the poor and uneducated

> (thanks to Lsbour's Crosland destroying grammar

> schools, and failing to equip our young people

> with a trade), who suffer under rises in

> immigration. And this is the first time those who

> have been dispossessed have been able to express

> their feelings-

I agree, and they've been done a terrible disservice by being lied to by the Leave campaign, who let them think there would be a drop in immigration, then reversed their position. Look at the Twitter arguments Dan Hannen MEP has had with VoteLeave Derbyshire for an example of what's coming.

and you people spit on them

Hmm, classy. No ones spitting on anyone. 'You people', eh? A phrase generally used by those who can't actually articulate why they don't like another group, so resort to insults. Let's stay above that please. There's an incredibly important debate starting now, we need to talk, not hurl abuse.

midivydale Wrote:

> Do people genuinely believe that the rest of

> Europe has any interest at all in providing

> Britain with a "Norway style" "deal"?!

Well, that's a valid question. I'm not sure. I think they're waiting to see what we do officially before they show their hand. They lose nothing by staying silent for now.

midivydale Wrote:

> Do people genuinely believe that the rest of

> Europe has any interest at all in providing

> Britain with a "Norway style" "deal"?!

Interesting point midivydale. The rest of the EU does not have any interest in doing anything favourable for us. My only hope is that Merkal and her amours pragmatism can somehow deliver us from this mess with some sort of helpful outcome. A Norway style deal will may be possible, but with much tougher terms and I really can't see it being agreed to in just two years, way too much anger around in the EU for consensus on this.

Louisa.

Most of the people who voted out don't even know where Norway is. Right I'm moving on now, have a Sunday Roast (British Beef) to cook and wine (Italian, German and British Bubbles) to drink. F**k Brexit and all the idiot racists who voted for it... Now my tears have turned to anger.

heartblock Wrote:

> Most of the people who voted out don't even know

> where Norway is....

Indeed, or even what constitutes this magic "Norway style" deal. If I wasn't so scared for the future I would laugh at the irony and idiocy.

Not all racists voted for Brexit - and not all who votes for Brexit are racist. Generalisations are really quite dangerous.

People on both sides of the vote fell foul of the lies of each side. Each side have valid points to make.

If anything, it's shown how weak our own governemt is, how dismissive the EU are of the general people and how necessary change is - in both sections of this.

The World is bigger than Europe and while it will take time to settle and parties to reform - and agreements to be made, the anger needs to cool. Heated, angry decsions will do no good.

???? Wrote:

> There's going to be an election - I can't see how

> it's avoidable

Agree Quids. All the main parties now seem to to be manoeuvering towards that. The Tories will definitely have a new leader by then, and hopefully Labour too. I can't see any Tory pressing the button until they have won an election with Brexit in their manifesto, and therefore have a clear mandate to do so...

I am just getting angrier. I did my philosophical bit on Friday. At least there is a thread where I can express this. I don't want to calm down. I just shift my blame on varous parties - Cameron for a gross error of judgment, and being frightened to take on his own party, Johnson for zero priciples and naked ambiton, Corbyn and those who voted for him, the poor labour general election campaign and the people who are saying "my relatives fought world domination by Germany, I've just done the same".

I will lose friends. I do not want to visit my region of birth. I don't even want to stray outside the M25. Stay angry with me. I am visiting France tomorrow (I can still travel to mainland Europe and Ireland). I am so sorry.

Tigres - its a dead cat bounce. If you look at the pattern of the FTSE after the 2008 crash similar things happened. As BB says, we've still had a massive amount of value wiped off British companies and our pensions are probably in a bit of trouble now.

Job losses have already started in the City. And sh*t runs downhill.

Jules-and-Boo Wrote:

> Not all racists voted for Brexit - and not all who

> votes for Brexit are racist. Generalisations are

> really quite dangerous.

Not sure I agree with the first point; I'd be interested to meet a racist who wants to stay in. Definitely agree with the second and third, but would point out there are dangerous generalisations coming from Leave voters.

>

> People on both sides of the vote fell foul of the

> lies of each side. Each side have valid points to

> make.

Agreed.

>

> If anything, it's shown how weak our own governemt

> is, how dismissive the EU are of the general

> people and how necessary change is - in both

> sections of this.

>

Again, agreed. But have we taken a step too far already?

> The World is bigger than Europe and while it will

> take time to settle and parties to reform - and

> agreements to be made, the anger needs to cool.

> Heated, angry decsions will do no good.

Again I agree, but I worry that the more extreme Leave voters won't allow the political space for our leaders to make compromise or agreements.

Remember that Farage said before the vote that a 52% win for Remain would trigger another referendum. Now that it's proven to be the other way around, he's strangely silent. I'm hoping both sides recognise that we are in uncharted waters, and assumptions about what 'should happen' are the most dangerous thing now.

Essentially I feel that no one has got what they wanted out of this. Boris didn't want to win, he want to be Prime Minister, and hoped to lose by a narrow margin that allowed him to claim a moral victory and position himself for a run at 10 Downing Street.

Those who voted Leave are wondering why Article 50 isn't happening yet.

Labour is imploding, the Tories are confused. We need leadership and clarity to emerge from Westminster this week. Right now I have no idea what's going to happen, and that's terrifying.

messageRe: Stunned new

Posted by uncleglen Today, 10:21AM

Our young people probably do not know enough to make an informed decision, most of them are influenced by the sensational, emotive junk on social media.

What, as opposed to the old people who do not know enough to make an informed decision and are manipulated by Murdoch and his ilk?

I saw a couple of old biddys being interviewed on the news last night, when asked why they voted to leave, they replied along the lines of...

''We're old enough to remember the old days, we don't like being bossed about''

Perhaps the next referendum should be whether or not we introduce euthanasia...