Heads up - Interesting threads in the main section

Keef

You're talking to someone here who'se evolved from Babycham so don't knock Prosecco. Actually I agree - it is a fad. Do you have something against fads though? What's not to like? It's cold and bubly and it goes down nice and smooth. If something better comes along then I say "bring it on mate, and let's party".

I hear you Quids, but I'm happy for now. It's coffee that gets me. Why can't you just go in to a coffee shop and order a cup of coffee? Sounds bloody obvious doesn't it but oh no, unless your coffee has at least six different elements to it, they look down on you. Me, I have an Americano, black, regular. That just about scrapes through as a credible order. Really it's just a cup of black coffee but you can't ask for that can you?

Prosecco isn't really a fad for me, I have to say. I don't like all Prosecco by any means but I really like that one. It's cold, bubbly, goes down a treat and is a whole pile cheaper than champagne. Don't knock it till you've tried it Quids. In fact I'll give you a free bottle, and if you hate it, you can come back on here and dis me. But if you like it you have to come back on here and play nicely!

Deal?

And yes it is domestic bliss over here giggirl!! Though mop head is now gone. We'd reached the stage where he needed a hairband to watch Thomas the Tank Engine, and after his father had had them for the weekend I could hear mutterings of "no son of mine......." etc etc. Shame, but probably for the best!

giggirl Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I hear you Quids, but I'm happy for now. It's

> coffee that gets me. Why can't you just go in to

> a coffee shop and order a cup of coffee? Sounds

> bloody obvious doesn't it but oh no, unless your

> coffee has at least six different elements to it,

> they look down on you. Me, I have an Americano,

> black, regular. That just about scrapes through

> as a credible order. Really it's just a cup of

> black coffee but you can't ask for that can you?

I know and these new five pee bits are so fiddly, and aren't the prices crool these day?

Fifty new pence for an apple I was charged the other day, that's two crowns in the old money.

And this weather doesn't suit me either, when I was a lass we had proper summer, not like this nonsense.

And whatever happened to proper newsreaders like Robert Dougall, nowadays you have these brassy trollops displaying themselves with no shame, sitting on the desk like I don't know what...

*Giggi Brady Old Lady continues in this vein until someone turns up with a bottle of Prosecco and a straw*

I do like Prosecco, honest I do. But after a while it starts to feel a bit soft and a bit bland and you do start to hanker after its big brother. And then you check your wallet and think again.

However, giggirl, didn't you know? Black coffee is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cooler than white, and always will be. Just as whisky is cooler than vodka and red wine than white. Don't ask me why, I don't write the rules.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there Beagle - nobody's in the mood for a scrap. I've gone off topic on every thread I've been on but that's hardly hard-core is it? What's the forum coming to when there's not a wobbly lip in sight?