Things that annoy me about the North....

????

The ONLY annoying thing about Northerners (which I have very rarely every experienced in London or elsewhere in UK) is their consistent blatant use of IMO derogatory terms for non-whites. Paki, Nigger, Darkie.

Both my parents are from Yorkshire and thankfully they don't do the same, but my extended family and everyone I meet up there through them are inexcusable in their use of such language. Weird thing is they are not saying it out of hatred - more like a habit of usage. One of my cousins dated a Pakistani chap for 2 years but still used aforementioned terminology, even when Jabba was there !

Down here they'd be lynched for that !

I wonder if the 'Huddersfield Forum' has a thread about most annoying traits of SOUTHERNERS....

It's grim up North alright was up there this weekend, it was wet, grey and cold, that's annoying, but that's why the countyside is so much greener and more beautiful. Had a delicious lunch in the country, there are some top restaurants, had an excellent evening in Manchester in the bars in the Northern quarter, as good as anywhere in London. Went to an excellent family party in the most beautiful house up the Lakes, met folks from all classes and had a reet laff. I'm Northern and proud of it.

Alan Sillitoe

Alan Bennett

Keith Waterhouse.

J.B.Priestley

Peter Tinniswood

All substantial scribes from t' north by 'eck 'appen, teks many a mickle to meck a muckle................

They are more straightforward to deal with, and they call a spade a fookin shovel.

I have to say, every time I see "Northerners" rattling on about "The North" I can't help to laugh at their delusions.

Look at a map for god's sake - Manchester is in the North is it? Of course it's not you plonkers. Caithness - that's North.

Put some "Northerners" somewhere that is actually "North" and they'd die from exposure within minutes, with their poncey Southern clothes and pretentious ways.

• 6 months later...

As you can see in my hand drawn illustration ( I'm good at colouring in aren't I ) , the Caribbean plate is rapidly shifting right/east.

In due course this will crush the North to a pulp.

( in about a million/kurtillion years )

Job done !

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8a/Plates_tect2_en.svg/800px-Plates_tect2_en.svg.png

Next ?

Nette.:)