suggestions for baby breakfast food?

Hi - am hoping for inspiration here. My 8 month old still can't handle 'bits' in food without gagging so I need suggestions for smooth pureed food. She loves all vegetables I give her i.e. purees of pea, brocolli, squash etc so I get one nice meal down her in the afternoon - but she is currently rejecting all fruit purees so currently isn't having anything for breakfast. Pure baby rice is too bland. She hates banana and doesn't seem to like pear or apple with baby rice either. I am therefore stuck for breakfast ideas. Any other ideas for fruity purees or other breakfast ideas?

Baby porridge? The plain one and one with banana were popular with ours. Or as Missd says, mashed up weetabix or oatibix? I think the mini-weetabix are quite sweet but our son loves the oatibix minis.

Have you tried the organix fruit purees with rice in?

Got worried when saw you said mini weetabix are sweetnjc97 and just had a look - turns out they're oatbix! phew. ps -we have the ones with cranberry in at the moment.

good call sophiechristophy - toast with avocado would be a great idea. will do that tomorrow

Ha ha....Tinkerbell our little ones should get together and have a chat - my 8 month old still has the same gagging problem with bits but conversely loves her fruity purees but refuses the vegetable ones. I have sneaked in vegetables in the Ella's purees (i.e swede/apple/spinach or broccoli/pear/peas) etc but need to think of other ways to get her to like just vegetables!

We've had good luck with the Heinz baby porridge- the banana one and the yoghurt and fruit one. I think they are probably not the healthiest but I am too lazy / tired in the morning to make my own food for her. I need a surefire winner. They are super smooth- so far Ready Brek and Wheetabix have been firmly rejected.

What about yoghurt? Or mango or peach pureed? Grated cheese or apple to pick up?

Good luck, they are fussy little things sometimes. My little girl's diet at the moment is at least 50% sweet potato.

you could make up your own baby rice (the ready ones are disguisting, no wonder they dont want to eat it)

? dcl rice flour / you can also use buckwheat

1.1/5 dcl cold water

1 tbsp fat (olive oil, butter, etc)

? dcl breast milk

Mix flour and cold water, bring to boil while stirring, simmer for 2-3 mins,

switch off heat, mix in fat, mix in breast / bottle / cows milk

Or you could use corn flour, and alternate between the three, so they don't get bored of one.

? dcl corn flour

1.1/2 dcl cold water

1 tbsp fat

? cold milk

Hope this helps. X