Freaky pine nuts

*Bob*

What the DROKK is going on with pine nuts these days?!

I remember when a bag of pine nuts was a bag of pine nuts. Normal, regular, ordinary pine nuts. But no more. Weird, freaky pine nuts have infested the shelves of grocers up and down the land. Packaged and sold, quite simply as 'pine nuts'. Pine nuts my ass!

I'm glad that you have brought this to attention *Bob*. Long thin rounded feckers that look more like capsules than proper seed shaped nuts we're all used to sprinkling on our salads.

I would wager that a developing nation has discovered a new variety that they can get picked by slaves, export and sell more cheaply than normal "proper" pine nuts but ONLY IF they can get western european consumers to accept the new shape.

What next? Square eggs?

MrBen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm glad that you have brought this to attention

> *Bob*. Long thin rounded feckers that look more

> like capsules than proper seed shaped nuts we're

> all used to sprinkling on our salads.

YES. That's them. Weird, spindly ones. Not right. They don't even taste like pine nuts. You might as well be dropping toenail clippings in with the basil - and then guffing on top of the magimix bowl.

*Bob* Wrote:

> You might as

> well be dropping toenail clippings in with the

> basil - and then guffing on top of the magimix

> bowl.

URRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH.....

PS: how did you know I have a Magimix?

*creased up laughing*

*Bob* Wrote:

> Doesn't everyone have a Magimix?

>

> Apart from those in Sydenham, of course. I expect

> they have to be content with a Bamix.

I'm sure its all kitchenaid (or dualit if in lower " sydders")...

Chinese pine nuts. I should have known.

So not only do I have China to thank for the paucity of quality ecstasy tablets of late, they've also been messing about with the pine nuts.

Sometimes, I wonder why 'The Chinese' don't just come round my house, creep up the bedroom, squat over the bed , curl one down onto my pillow - and have done with it.