I have a big confession to make!

jrussel

It was clear from the off that jrussel was a wind-up or a loon. The tree nonsense immediately gave the game way. Any sock puppets? I didn't bother following to find out. But trolls are always so much more fun when they introduce sock puppets.

Perhaps jrussel is planning to approach the EDF admins and/or posters he/she plans to quote, as the Terms of Use of this forum state:

"If you want to reproduce anything on this website outside of eastdulwichforum.co.uk you must first get permission from the individual message poster or the management"

I'd also suggest jrussel's posts on this forum have been inaccurate and fraudulent (deception to obtain pecuniary advantage: he/she is getting paid for the result of the deception), both prohibited by the Terms of Use.

:))

But who gives a t*ss. Over the last 13 years I've been involved in large international forums with notorious and hilarious trolls, some of whom are still being written - and argued - about 8-10 years later. This jrussel really is a tedious Johnny-come-lately in comparison. If this is a "big confession", perhaps he/she is in need of a life.

Option 1- Some anon hack spent three years undercover pseudo-trolling on 23 fora? If the hack was as dedicated to the other sites as here, that would make 2500 odd posts and the time spent reading the nonsense associated. All for a story aimed at people who know f-all about the internets. This sort of work could only be performed by a self delusional madman having fantasies about carrying out "research". Who would pay for this rubbish?

Option 2- This is J Russel's best troll yet.

I defer to Occam's Razor.

Don't feed the troll.

In response to those raising questions about ethics and so forth.

Let's be clear that I am under no obligation whatsoever to state to members of which codes I choose to abide by.

And let's be clear about the difference between what the law says and whatever codes various bodies offer up for voluntary adoption.

All I will say is that I agree in principle with the NUJ code of conduct and follow it on a voluntary basis. I am not however a member of the NUJ, and ultimately I make my own decisions about what is right and acceptable.

The paper which will be publishing my work has its own legal team and they will be the ones who decide whether or not anything is problematic.

Finally, the suggestion that I might be breaching "intellectual copyright" by quoting any of what's been written in response to me on this forum - come on!

>Finally, the suggestion that I might be breaching "intellectual copyright" by quoting any of what's been written in >response to me on this forum - come on!

Intellectual Property Rights

Nature of the Internet and Implied Licences

Uses other than for the operation of the Internet, such as commercial uses are an entirely different question.

To quote people in a newspaper or magazine without their permission is also a breach of copyright.

Where have you got that idea from, expat?

The main thing the law is concerned with is whether quoting something diminishes the market value of the original. This is clearly not an issue when quoting a forum post.

The other issue is that of privacy, and as this is a public forum, everything is public anyway so I have no concerns in this regard.

As a matter of courtesy I will attribute all quoted material to the relevant user name.

Brendan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> So the idea of getting rid of gyms because they

> are annoying and encourage people to wear spandex

> is a non starter then?

Brendan, which gyms are you going to? Ahma sign up.

>Where have you got that idea from, expat?

From publishers and laywers. If you wish to break to law that is your concern or rather the paper - if indeed you work for one - as they are the ones that will get sued and loose.

jrussel Wrote:

> The other issue is that of privacy, and as this is

> a public forum, everything is public anyway so I

> have no concerns in this regard.

On that basis anything done in a public place can be used freely for any purpose? Which isn't true.

And it's not a public forum, it's a private forum used by the public. It would also be polite to ask Admin if s/he's ok with you doing this, I notice the Terms of use of this forum say "If you want to reproduce anything on this website outside of eastdulwichforum.co.uk you must first get permission from the individual message poster or the management (who are very amicable by the way)". Have you done this?

To be honest I'm not really that concerned, I just thought it would have been polite to ask first.

I have spoken to the guys at mydulwich and they said they were going to stop nicking the content from the forum, I'll send them a polite reminder...

Mark Wrote:

> To be honest I'm not really that concerned, I just

> thought it would have been polite to ask first.

>

> I have spoken to the guys at mydulwich and they

> said they were going to stop nicking the content

> from the forum, I'll send them a polite

> reminder...

By the looks of it if they stop nicking the EDF content they won't have much 'news' on their site at all, lol.