Case closed

samj

Administrator Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The only reason I can think

> of is that you posted against one of the several

> of samj's posts that were SPRAYED ACROSS THE

> FORUM, just as they were being removed.

Yes...could well be. It was posted in another section of the forum (either General Issues or The Lounge). Not to worry...I witter on far too much anyway, most of it utter gibberish - LOL!!

Thanks for getting back.

david_carnell Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Not as much as I do after reading that blog.

> Sheesh.

Poor child. Imagine finding loads of pictures of yourself as a baby splattered on the internet for public consumption. Surely the child deserves some privacy?

I've revised my opinion of their website. I thought the Code of Practice page http://www.butterflynannies.co.uk/code-of-practice/ was a rubbishy production; and then found it was as on the longer-established http://www.nannyplus.co.uk/code.htm.

Then, as soon as I started looking, I found several more examples of content common to various other longer-established sites. These even included the bit above Eva's signature on the About Us page. http://www.butterflynannies.co.uk/about/, which bears a remarkable similarity to that for Sitters http://www.sitters.co.uk/about.aspx.

"The original idea of a nationwide network of professional evening babysitters [and child carers][] sprung from [my][our] own need for reliable, experienced child carers to babysit in the evenings for [my young daughter][our two boys]. [We] found we needed babysitters both when we were at home in [London][buckinghamshire] and when visiting [Other parts of the UK][Dorset] at weekends."

"Today our enthusiastic and dedicated team are able to provide evening child care in all but the most remote locations. With a nationwide network of many of carefully vetted, experienced child carers we are able to provide babysitters and childcare for more than 95% of the requests we receive from across the UK. ..."

"[Eva Verissimo Founder & Director] [stephen and Lucie Allen]"

Make of it what you will. Are Butterfly Nannies affiliated to or a subagency of Sitters? Vice versa? None of the above?

It shows a lack of imagination but it's not uncommon.

I'm just in the process of having some printing done, so I looked for someone who was using the specs I needed. Googling the word-for-word details of the specs of one company I was looking at brought-up no less than five different companies who have exactly the same blurb - identical.

So who knows who actually wrote it in the first place. Probably none of them - they all nicked-it from somewhere else.

Sourcing a nanny is difficult and comes at a time of huge change for a family. For first time nanny hunters it can be a nightmare and that is why it is important to find a reputable, reliable and honest agency when it comes to leaving the most precious thing/s in your life in the care of a complete stranger. Remember that stranger will also have the run of your home with access to your personal space and belongings. Trust plays a really big part in both the sourcing and contract hence my utter dismay at watching this debacle unfold.