Electric Car Charging Points across Dulwich Wards - Consultation

In case you have missed it that there are a series of planning applications currently under consultation (most close on 2 November) to install electric charging points in East Dulwich, Village and College Wards.

See 3 pages at Southark Planning site week 26th Sept, Dulwich Wards

http://planbuild.southwark.gov.uk:8190/online-applications/weeklyListResults.do?action=firstPage

The proposed locations for the electric car charging points in Village and College wards are

Woodwarde Road - 16/AP/3942 (3 charging points)

Eastlands Crescent - 16/AP/3905 (3 charging points)

Pickwick Road - 16/AP/3933 (3 charging points)

Ruskin Walk - 16/AP/3926 (3 charging points)

Townley Road - 16/AP/3933 (5 charging points)

Half Moon Lane : 16/AP/3911 (3 charging points)

Crescent Wood Road at Sydenham Hill - 16/AP/3903 (3 charging points)

Hunts Slip Road - 16/AP/3913 (3 points)

College Road at Grange Lane - 16/AP/3901 (2 points)

College Road outside Breakspeare - 16/AP/3000 (3 points)

College RoadROAD No: 16/AP/3900 (3 points)

Dulwich Wood Ave, 16/AP/3948 | (3 points)

Dulwich Wood Ave, 16/AP/3947 (3 points)

Picketts Terrace, Underhill Road 16/AP/3935 (2 points)

Elmwood Road, 16/AP/3906 (5 points)

Cyrena Road, 16/AP/3904 (2 points)

Ashbourne Road16/AP/3889 (3 points)

While I support the overall initiative and thought behind the proposal, I find it concerning that the application is being targeted at streets which already support other forms of restricted parking.

Ashbourne Grove already has three restricted spaces - 2 for people with disabilities and 1 for a car share - both of which I totally support and are widely used.

Should this be approved Ashbourne Grove will lose a total of 6 car spaces, placing pressure on an already busy road with existing parking issues. It feels disproportionate.

As a resident of Ashbourne Grove we have people park across our drive on a daily basis, they do not leave a note or any contact details. Often cars park just a little bit over the white line not caring that someone does the same thing on the other side making access absolutely impossible. While I know we could get a designated driveway, we don't want to do this, as when the road is busy our neighbours park across our driveway which we support - as they are always happy to move when we asked.

We will be emailing our Councillors and would encourage others to do so.

George Orwell Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'd bet my mortgage that there are way fewer

> electric cars in the area than there will be

> charging points. Yes, forward thinking alright -

> shame Southwark can't apply this notion to

> countless more pressing issues.

But that will always be the problem for any more widespread take-up of electric cars. People will only drive them if there are enough charging points. The latter have to come first. You can argue that the policy of encouraging electric car use is wrong, but the strategy is the only one that can work.

Totally agree Nigello, when so many car journeys are for short trips anyway.

Last week I walked from Camberwell to Kennington when the 185 was diverted due to works on Camberwell New Road.

It took an extra 10 mins compared to my usual crowded and congested bus journey, but I got 45 mins of exercise and arrived at work in a better mood and on time.

cactus Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Totally agree Nigello, when so many car journeys

> are for short trips anyway.

> Last week I walked from Camberwell to Kennington

> when the 185 was diverted due to works on

> Camberwell New Road.

> It took an extra 10 mins compared to my usual

> crowded and congested bus journey, but I got 45

> mins of exercise and arrived at work in a better

> mood and on time.

When I was working I sometimes walked to The Borough..

Felt good when I arrived and less grumpy than spending 45mins on the 40 bus.

The good thing about walking is it keeps you fit..

..and once you have done it once you know exactly how long it takes you for the next time.

..So there is no stress worrying about being late.

Foxy