Xmas sweets for the kids ward at kings THANK YOU!!!

Fox_tail

lavender27 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Teddy Bears and Dollies to cuddle while they are

> away from their families at Christmas. Sugar

> highs and they'll be tearing round the wards and

> climbing the walls.

Sugar highs don't exist in the general population, apparently.

http://www.yalescientific.org/2010/09/mythbusters-does-sugar-really-make-children-hyper/

Angelina Wrote:

> bah humbug :-(

>

> Lavender - bit boring..... perhaps you prefer no

> one indulges over Christmas - particularly

> children in hospital on Christmas Day?

Yeah exactly. x No I was only thinking of their teeth. x

Dulwich61 Wrote:

> Fox_tall, put me down for ?20 and let me know how

> best to deliver in cash or kind. Spending Xmas in

> hospital is miserable at any age (my 83-year old

> father had that experience last year), but for

> kids even more so.

Thank you dulwich61 you are a star! Hope your dad is ok too! I will send out a reminder nearer the time, thank you again!

Hi what a lovely idea, would be happy to donate to your great cause. I will look out for your reminder post and arrange to pop them over.

Good luck with your great cause, its heartwarming to see how important it is to think of others over the festive period.

I'm sorry, I may have been a bit harsh on this post, about thinking of the children's teeth, it's not my responsibility it's their parents and guardians and at Christmas it's "pants" having to be in hospital away from family and friends and not to be able to join in the Christmas traditions. (I was one of those children, long time ago) A little comfort from the community for the little ones over Christmas goes a long way. I would be more than happy to donate to your cause Fox_tail. When and where to drop things off, please let us know. x

lavender27 Wrote:

> Children shouldn't eat sweets. Have you seen the

> state of their teeth lately. Why not give them

> something educational or books to read.

Ah ffs it Christmas. Seriously? I'll bet you don't only eat or drink things that are good for you at Christmas? Jesus man.

Fafanoo Wrote:

> lavender27 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Children shouldn't eat sweets. Have you seen

> the

> > state of their teeth lately. Why not give them

> > something educational or books to read.

>

>

> Ah ffs it Christmas. Seriously? I'll bet you

> don't only eat or drink things that are good for

> you at Christmas? Jesus man.

ooops sorry lavender, hadn't read your second post before my above post.

Sweets Sugar =

Bad teeth.. Cavaties

Hyperactivity.. Behavioral problems

Weight gain.. Obesity

Diabetes.. Serious health risks in later life..

Sugar is addictive and will result in an endless cycle of craving sugar. We call it a 'Sweet Tooth'

But it is a serious problem often caused by parents giving their kids sweets in early life.

DulwichFox

Overreacting to giving children in hospital sweets at Christmas =

Smugness.. Sanctimonious posturing

Friend loss.. unhappiness

Serious risk of Christmas alone in later life

As far as I understand it, they are not funnelling Quality Streets down kids throats to create Nutella Foie Gras. I am sure their parents will be around and maybe some doctors who might even sneak a segment of chocolate orange, do you know I once met a doctor who admitted to drinking ALCOHOL over the Christmas period. I of course informed the police and wrote to my MP.

So enjoy your Bah Humbug and M&S Christmas crackers for one. I'll certainly be donating now

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE!! Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for all the support and for getting involved! so iv got all my sweets ready and iv also got xmas cards and colouring books for them all....also got some chocolate for the nurses, anyway anyone who wishes to join in i will be in from tomorrow (6pm) to friday and from monday to friday (from 6pm) next week, so feel free to pop them round then!! im on Ivanhoe Road....will be dropping them all off mid december so no rush if you cant make them dates...anyway any questions drop me a text or call on 0752937213

THANK YOU again!!

hazelnunhead Wrote:

> Hi foxtail, I will organise this this week .

> Should I text you to see when a good time to drop

> off? Can do this weekend, or around 6.00 most

> evenings.

Hiya, i will be in by 6:30 all this week, but if you cant make this week then its cool as i wont be going up there till mid December, But feel free to text or call to arrange!

I actually think you gave sweets to my daugther last Christmas in the Lion Ward! She absolutely loved them! A year later we are hoping she will be home for this Christmas and I just wanted to say little things like this make such a hard time more bareable!

:-)

Massive thank you to Laura, for the bag sweets and cards and colouring packs! Your a absolute legend!also I'm sorry if I don't reply to you guys straight away,it's purely because of work, so the best thing would be to chuck me a text or call... Have a wicked evening!!

Kids differ, if you want to keep my grand daughter awake just feed her a couple of squares of chocolate.

> lavender27 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Teddy Bears and Dollies to cuddle while they

> are

> > away from their families at Christmas. Sugar

> > highs and they'll be tearing round the wards

> and

> > climbing the walls.

>

> Sugar highs don't exist in the general population,