Clarkson

huncamunca

So of all the characters a gifted comic can play, that's the one? Really????

As a complete aside, I am getting really hacked off with this new use of ~"Really?". Sort of pronounced Rreeaaly?

Not a dig at you Sean, a good mate has started doing it all the bloody time, because his new bird uses it a lot.

Very annoying!

I had the misfortune of working for Top Gear magazine, and consequently ran across Clarkson with more regularity than is healthy.

Suffice to say that he's not playing a character, that's him. He's so obnoxious it's almost perverse.

He was fliming down one end of our carpark, and we were down the other - around 100 yards away - having our usual fag break. He completely lost it because he thought we were looking at him. We were subject to a tirade of abuse and then forbidden from smoking when Clarkson was around.

What a prat.

I do really enjoy watching Top Gear though, not because I 'like' or 'admire' Clarkson, I like the premise of the programme.

It appeals to me at a really base level, the rebellious little schoolboy inside who gets off on seeing how many burgers he can fit in his mouth, or bullying the goofy kid.

he's a cunt, he's a cunt, he's a big fat cunt, he's the biggest fattest cunt in the whole wide world...

Good, never believed for a second he was somehow "method acting". I know too many people who think like him, but aren't given the print and broadcast platforms to air their noxious ramblings. Adding a humorous veneer makes his poisonous rants no less toxic.

Twatola of the first order.

Huguenot Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I do really enjoy watching Top Gear though, not

> because I 'like' or 'admire' Clarkson, I like the

> premise of the programme.

>

> It appeals to me at a really base level, the

> rebellious little schoolboy inside who gets off on

> seeing how many burgers he can fit in his mouth,

> or bullying the goofy kid.

Ditto.

Huguenot Wrote:

> I had the misfortune of working for Top Gear

> magazine, and consequently ran across Clarkson

> with more regularity than is healthy.

>

> Suffice to say that he's not playing a character,

> that's him. He's so obnoxious it's almost

> perverse.

>

> He was fliming down one end of our carpark, and we

> were down the other - around 100 yards away -

> having our usual fag break. He completely lost it

> because he thought we were looking at him. We were

> subject to a tirade of abuse and then forbidden

> from smoking when Clarkson was around.

>

> What a prat.

So, were you or weren't you looking at him ?

W**F

Huguenot Wrote:

> I do really enjoy watching Top Gear though, not

> because I 'like' or 'admire' Clarkson, I like the

> premise of the programme.

>

> It appeals to me at a really base level, the

> rebellious little schoolboy inside who gets off on

> seeing how many burgers he can fit in his mouth,

> or bullying the goofy kid.

And that Brian May is dead sexy.

RosieH Wrote:

> Carnell. I'm shocked.

What? We all have guilty pleasures and I'm afraid this is mine. James May is the only likeable presenter on it but I just can't help but find it entertaining.

I don't buy Clarkson books or read his columns but once a week, for an hour, I find the combination of cars, crashes, explosions and minor celebrity a blessed relief from the world of high-culture that I normally inhabit. One can go to too many performances of Swan Lake you know.