Disgusting Litterer

cate

Every morning on the number 40 bus towards Aldgate ( early, about 7.10 ) there is a woman who sits in the same seat upstairs

( on the left, about four from the back ) who takes out her book and an apple. She eats approximately half the apple then places it on the floor near her feet. The half eaten apple rolls around the floor of the bus while she continues reading her novel. EVERY MORNING! I was just working up to a confrontation when I stopped needing to take the 40. Bet she still does it.

She, in my opinion, is a disgusting litterer.

I was at an airport once, with a friend seeing her family off somewhere. While we were sitting in the caff, the mum changed the babies nappy and left the rolled up one on the table. I was pretty young at the time and too gobsmacked to say anything, but that was indeed a disgusting example of littering.

Back to the present, whatever happened to the concept of public loos? Is there one in ED?

pk Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> a mother with a child dropped a tissue and then

> picked it up

>

> does she really need to be described in detail and

> then labelled a "disgusting" "lazy mare"? it's

> outrage over nothing init?

Unfortunately some people seem to think that insulting someone is much worse than committing a criminal offence which is viewed by most people as pretty unpleasant too and a blight on the community. Insulted is the very least the person dropping the litter can hope for. Shame she wasn't paying ?80 fine for the priviledge of being able not to give a toss about what happens to the litter she throws away.

Respect is not something that you are given, it is something you earn. And you seldom earn respect by littering parks (or using the phrase 'init'...)

Funnily enough, I feel less strongly about kiddie poo and wee than I do about plastic bags.

I was walking down LL one afternoon and a gang of yoofs targeted the grocer opposite the Bishop. After chucking a load of fruit on the pavement they struttted of down the street with the roll of plastic bags. They pulled them off one at a time and threw them on the floor in one fluid motion. They continued to do it until they were out of sight.

It makes me want to handcuff their wrists to their ankles and leave them in a cold tiled room with an angry baboon.

Kiddies in China don't wear nappies, they wear cute little crotchless trousers and poo and wee in the gutter on demand. I thought it was quite cute. They don't discard tissues either, they just stagger off in that small child way.

Cute maybe but I don't much fancy the idea of human turds dotted around the place. I knew someone who didn't believe in nappies for her child. As a consequence, she was often cleaning poo off the soft furnishings - I avoided extending an invite until the potty training was sorted - eew.

Gimme Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> pk Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > a mother with a child dropped a tissue and then

> > picked it up

> >

> > does she really need to be described in detail

> and

> > then labelled a "disgusting" "lazy mare"? it's

> > outrage over nothing init?

>

>

> Unfortunately some people seem to think that

> insulting someone is much worse than committing a

> criminal offence

who are you talking about?

>

> Respect is not something that you are given, it is

> something you earn. And you seldom earn respect by

> littering parks (or using the phrase 'init'...)

i guess that i haven't earned enough respect to have people respond to any questions that i ask (there's only one really - why did the OP think it necessary to describe the 'offender' in such detail on here (clothes, hair, skin colour, glasses, chidlren's clothes, actions after the 'event't) having already spoken to the lady in person? i am geuninely curious) but perhaps i can learn:

- misinterpret/ignore others' opinions that don't suit my own

- feel entitled to insult people i don't know

- have a dig at other people's use of language whilst not knowing how to spell 'priviledge' myself

- don't give people the benefit of the doubt

anything else i could do to earn respect?

Was driving past the row of shops where Springers used to be yesterday and witnessed a respectable enough looking woman dump a small paper carrier bag full of rubbish out of her car into the gutter. She was looking about to see if anyone had noticed. She had a small white car, like a Nissan Micra or similar. I felt a sudden flash of intense anger, like I wanted to really really shout at her for being a filthy mare, but was driving so couldn't slow down. But, really, how could she?