Disgusting Litterer

cate

edanna Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Come on, it's just a bit of wee. What's the

> problem with that going on the grass? If she'd had

> a potty with her, she would still have needed to

> pour the wee out somewhere ( or carry it home?!)

> There's no excuse for the littering but public

> weeing is one of the unavoidable joys of having

> small children who have very little warning when

> they need to go.

Potty wee would be poured in the drain hopefully. So why don't more people use that for their little ones?

*Bob* Wrote:

> Well, I suppose if you really are determined to

> spend a dozen occasions rinsing-out underpants

> caked in sh1t in the kitchen sink after a trip

> home from your relaxing day out in a car smelling

> of poo - all for the sake of ?13 - then you go for

> it.

You make an excellent argument. If that were me I would just toss the underpants. Having to do that a few times would add up to the cost of a porta potty. I can't imagine little girls like being lifted up in the air in order to do their weeing in public. It looks embarrassing so I would imagine it feels it.

On saturday night I was at the bus stop at the top of dog kennel hill and I was happily sat on a seat waiting for my bus. A number 40 pulled up and a man was standing in the doorway not letting the bus move off because he was waiting for his wife and daughter to get on so I looked behind me to see what the hold up was. The 4 year old was weeing about 1m away from me so I looked down to my feet to see a stream of wee approximately 2cm away from my feet. I understand kids need to wee but sainsburys toilets are less than 5 mins from there or failing that a little way from the bus stop at least. The mum must have seen the stream of wee approaching my feet but said nothing.

When my son was in the really crucial early days of potty training, I used to take his potty with us everywhere. Just the normal one, not a "porta potty" whatever that is. One day he needed to go on Lordship Lane. So I sat him on the potty (it was just outside Somerfield, for reference) and he didn't produce just a nice little wee, oh no. He had the kind of turn out that prompted him to declare "Oh I feel much better for that".

So, what to do with the contents? There were NO options but to put the potty in the back of the Zafira (along with the shopping I might add) and drive home very carefully.

Is there a Burger King in East Dulwich?

pk Wrote:

> why is it necessary to try to publicly embarrass

> and insult the mother in question?

Are you for real? Surely it is totally obvious. Maybe if people were publicly embarrassed more often they wouldn't do things like dropping litter 4 feet from a bin. What else do you think will stop people doing this (apart of course from having been brought up properly or police intervention...)?

pk Wrote:

> a mother with a child dropped a tissue and then

> picked it up

>

> does she really need to be described in detail and

> then labelled a "disgusting" "lazy mare"? it's

> outrage over nothing init?

Yes. Only after I shouted after her after she walked away. Yes. No. I don't want her to do it again.

cate Wrote:

> pk Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> >

> >

> > does she really need to be described in detail

> and

> > then labelled a "disgusting" "lazy mare"? >

>

> Yes.

why?

pk Wrote:

> cate Wrote:

> -----

> > pk Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > >

> > >

> > > does she really need to be described in

> detail

> > and

> > > then labelled a "disgusting" "lazy mare"? >

> >

> > Yes.

>

> why?

Because she was a lazy mare. Hardly insulting, just a fact. Perhaps it was you pk? Or that is the type of behaviour you regularly engage in.

cate Wrote:

> pk Wrote:

> -----

> > cate Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > pk Wrote:

> > >

> >

>

> >

> > > -----

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > does she really need to be described in

> > detail

> > > and

> > > > then labelled a "disgusting" "lazy mare"? >

>

> > >

> > > Yes.

> >

> > why?

>

>

> Because she was a lazy mare. Hardly insulting,

> just a fact. Perhaps it was you pk? Or that is

> the type of behaviour you regularly engage in.

i didn't realise she was in fact a horse

and it wasn't me and i certainly don't regularly drop litter or condone it but i may have occasionally unintentionally or absent mindedly dropped something whilst distracted by my small children

you don't think that 'disgusting' is insulting?

hi the mother shouldnt have wiped the child then dropped the tissue, that was out of order but it is difficult with a child.

I dont understand why every parent dosent have a potette though(portable potty) you can buy them in jo jo's, boots even sainsburys.

We have had one for our daughter and it has been a lifesaver.

Someone mentioned that we never had them as kids and our parents managed but I remember going home with no underwear as I hadnt managed to hold it and having my dad hold me up over a gutter to do it.

Having one of these potty's is so much better.

it folds up really small and you inset liners(or pedal bin bags as im having to use at the min as I couldnt find any new bags last time I ran out)my daughter than pee's in the bag and you just tie it up like you would when putting a nappy in a nappy bag and dispose of it either in the nearest bin or pop under the buggy until you get home.

No hassle and no upsetting anyone. Ive had a few odd looks when my daughter has used hers but we have never left litter or wee behind after us anywhere.

the potties also fold out to become toilet seats so if you do manage to make it to a toilet you have a trainer seat with you too.

My daughter has used hers on the bus when she was first potty training and I knew there was no way of getting off the bus and finding a toilet in time. Just sat the potty on the buggy and put her back on top dont think many people even noticed what was happening and Ive lost count of the times on a train we have used it when the toilet has been out of order.

We have even used it for her to be car sick in to.

A vital part of equipment for any parent.

I agree the Potette is the way to go ! (tu) I use fragrant nappy liners with ours - they work a treat and

are inexpensive and easier to obtain than the potette liners.

Aside the fact that it's unhygienic to be throwing your little ones do daas all over the park - surely its uncomfortable

for the child in question and yes, no doubt most of the time they could piddle all over their clothes and feel very

distressed.

Its also strange because (most) parents whilst at home spend a considerable amount of time advising their

precious offspring to use the toilet, wipe up, wash hands and fasten their buttons correctly.Why then let all

those instructions go just because they happen to visit the outdoors?!

Of course the potette will never replace the warmth and comfort of their home toilet but its the most

hygienic, dignifying and sensible option for any parent with a young child.

Note - They can also be purchased on ebay ........

Posted by: pk September 20, 03:39PM

why is it necessary to try to publicly embarrass and insult the mother in question?

I think this is a little unfair! If no one ever says anything then I suppose it will continue going on. I was outside Goose Green playground the other day and saw a kid throw his empty bag of crisps and chocolate wrapper on the floor. I asked him to pick it up and I can't even repeat the language used. Sometimes people just need a light reminder!

seanmlow Wrote:

> Posted by: pk September 20, 03:39PM

>

>

> why is it necessary to try to publicly embarrass

> and insult the mother in question?

>

> I think this is a little unfair! If no one ever

> says anything then I suppose it will continue

> going on. I was outside Goose Green playground the

> other day and saw a kid throw his empty bag of

> crisps and chocolate wrapper on the floor. I asked

> him to pick it up and I can't even repeat the

> language used. Sometimes people just need a light

> reminder!

i wasn't talking about speaking to someone in person, rather about the need to describe them in detail and call them disgusting on here

I think it all depends on how strongly as an individual you feel about a particular event / issue.

Littering, smoking during pregnancy, racism, bullying, children eating junk food and the list goes on.

Personally, I have come across posts about finger binding, spanking and all sorts which again is fine if that

is a part of your culture/upbringing and what you believe in but absurd is you have never encountered

such rituals in your lifetime.

I am sure any posts that are deemed to be defamatory / without a doubt offensive will be removed by the

Administrator.