looking for good GP in east dulwich

kindaha

Dulwich Medical Centre on Crystal Palace Road gets an endorsement from me, was apprehensive about changing GP when I moved to ED last year. Happy to say I'm very impressed with the equally good GP and service here.

Have never had any trouble in making appointments and the centre staff have been helpful and efficient in my experience. Good luck.

Definitely the Gardens Surgery! They have always accommodated urgent appointments for my daughter even if I have sounded like a paranoid mum! Baby clinic is on Thursdays and the health visitors are fab, especially Penny. Give them a try.:-)

MungoJerrysBeard77 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> the one on Melbourne Grove is best avoided. The

> reception staff treat you like crap

And if you get past them, the doctors (with one very notable exception) are completely disinterested.

Loz Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> MungoJerrysBeard77 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > the one on Melbourne Grove is best avoided. The

> > reception staff treat you like crap

>

> And if you get past them, the doctors (with one

> very notable exception) are completely

> disinterested.

Personally I find impartiality a sterling quality in a medic.

• 1 month later...

If you can ever get an appointment with him... In all my years that I was a patient I never met my doctor (Dr Johnson).

Not a practitse I'd recommend, but this discussion has come up time and time again so I wont bother to continue.

I'm quite happy at the Suregery in Dulwich Hospital :)

He was working there last year certainly. He had quite a lot of time off earlier this year though. He is on leave now until mid November from Melbourne Grove. Why don't you just ask the surgery at Dulwich Hospital. Melbourne Grove now has 3 other doctors, two men and 1 woman.

A GP recommendation in ED is meaningless if you have no experience of another!

It would be helpful to the OP and others if this could be stated in in your post.

I use crystal palace. They're ok. I have never had an appointment on time. They do seem

helpful though but the GPs seem to vary (for me) a lot and the advice given by some GP's to be questionable.

(occasionally)

I have no other experience of any other local GP

DMC, Crystal Palace Road / Chadwick Road: A corporation with GPs on hire; the owners of the corporation, in my opinion (that of a hospital-based physician as well as of a care-seeker), are out to squeeze the penny till the Queen screams. The care provided may be unexceptionable. The approach to provision of care... well, "odious" may be a bit over-the-top, but not by much.

Forum members interested in directing their custom, their purchases of goods and services, to providers who are small, locally based, and personal might want to consider looking into caregivers other than DMC.

-- Edited for grammar 0022, 31-10.