Do you live near Forest Hill Road and have your dog walked?

elloriac

This is so funny, I shall mention this to Simon when he comes to collect our dogs tomorrow.

And in the five years that we have used Lisa and Simon as dog walkers I have NEVER know Simon to be have either grey hair or a pony tail !!! Poor Simon.

My what a lot of supposition and nonsense! Pearson, the words defamation and slander spring to my mind from your comments. You wouldn't happen to be in the dog walking industry yourself now would you?????

I know exactly who the guy is who walked the collies in Peckham Rye and I also saw the incident elloriac mentions. I also know Simon as he has walked my dog before and can say catagorically (no suppostion here at all) that they are not one and the same person. No "could be" about it, Pearson. Furthermore for your information Bow Wow has not walked its dogs in Peckham Rye for many years so you are a bit out of date wtih that peice of information (Pearson).

The gentleman walking the collies is known to me because I walk my dog in Peckham everyday and have chatted to him on numerous occasions. They are not the same person.

To alert a community of a bad service is one thing. To slander someone's charachter by actively naming them as a potential suspect of a bad service when it is clearly untrue is slander.

Everyone else on this thread has confirmed that Simon does not have grey hair and does not wear a pony tail. I suggest you re-tract your comments, Pearson and offer Bow Wow an apology.

Pearson Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> And just to be extra safe. I like Simon and he is

> a good guy!

>

> OK?

--------------------------------------------------------

There you go, i'll post it again.... or is this still not clear??

FFS

PosiTan Wrote:

> My what a lot of supposition and nonsense!

>

Pearson, the words defamation and slander spring

> to my mind from your comments.

You wouldn't happen to be in the dog walking industry yourself now

> would you?????

Jeez, what a lot of supposition and nonsense!

Pearson Wrote:

> Pearson Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

>

> > And just to be extra safe. I like Simon and he

> is

> > a good guy!

> >

> > OK?

> --------------------------------------------------

> ------

>

> There you go, i'll post it again.... or is this

> still not clear??

>

> FFS

Clear as mud. How or why you ever linked him with the other guy is unfathomable. Saying you like him and he is a good guy means nothing. It's like having a friend stab you in the back. PosiTan's posting is very concise and I agree with it.

I think we shouldn't lose sight of the issue of the welfare of the dogs that were being walked by this man (whoever he is, but who is so obviously NOT Simon).reasons

I have seen 'professional' dog walkers over Peckham Rye (and One Tree Hill) on lead for a lot of their walk and sometimes tied up awaiting collection. I accept there may be reasons for this but it still seems pretty unreasonable. I feel that both of these behaviours are unfair to the dogs and also the owners who are paying for the 'professional' service. I believe that there are local dog walking services which follow both the 'purely' commercial method and those which are more 'in-tune' with the needs of the animals. I can only hope that through consumer reaction the methods of the former will be revised, but sadly I don't hold out much hope!

Hello,

I am Lisa and run bowwowmiaow with the help of my small two-legged team; all who have been aboard for many years - knowing the dogs and owners well. I trust, respect, and am extremely fond of each of them. Pearson - I was disturbed to hear you mention one of them, even in an allegedly flippant way, in this post: Surely you knew it to be defamatory, not to mention distasteful ?( I understand you know Simon and think he is a 'good guy' from your post - which raises the question why you would even contemplate associating him with a negative incident unless you had absolute certainty it was him ? - I do wonder your motive & intention, and pity anyone you consider a ' bad guy ')

I do know the gentleman with grey hair and a pony tail:I also know the dogs he walks, and who he works for, but feel it would not be professional of me to disclose; it is simply important for me to state he does not work for bowwowmiaow and he himself has always been pleasant when I have met him.

However, I have known Simon really well for 12 years, having originally began bowwowmiaow together. At 6pm this evening he was pony tail free, sporting ' man flu ',and still had black curly hair and a beard; with not a wisp of grey. To my knowledge he has never tied his hair back in a ponytail - unless he stole my ' scrunchy ' this morning - in which case, we really need a private chat away from the lights of the forum ! )

He has not walked in Peckham Rye Park for over 4 years - prior to the cafe's existence - and he drives a silver/blue people carrier; Neither does he walk 2 collies or a boxer. We also, as a general rule, do not walk groups of dogs on lead through the streets or use bicycles: It is just our preference and a lengthy reasoning is not relevant - some dogs find it very hard to be on lead in such close proximity to other dogs - it restricts the flight or flight mechanism thereby inhibiting their body language, and a group of dogs doing this along the roadside ( a potential further stressor for sound sensitive dogs ) need to be very familiar with each other and secure with environment they are being expected to negotiate.... sometimes it just isn't much fun for them.( Oh dear, that was lengthy after all! ) However I have seen dogs perfectly happily trotting along in a group by the roadside - dogs, like humans, are individual and what one can happily cope with another will tell you, through sometimes discreet body language, otherwise.

I hope this removes Simon from the frame but I will be sure to keep you posted if he skips in with a grey rinse and ponytail in the morning; does anyone know a good divorce lawyer ?

Warm Woofs

Lisa

I admit my posts read really badly on reflection.

My intention was to warn people not to associate Simon with the description of the guy the OP was referring to.

(Back in the day he had 'longish' not grey hair...! and yes it was 5yrs ago)

I did not anticipate people to misunderstand my post/ what they thought i meant.

Hence my defensiveness.

Simon & Bow Wow Miaow I apologise.

Until you know who you are talking about with absolute certainty, you should never SLANDER a professional person by inference or otherwise. I know Simon and this description does not fit him at all and your saying it might be him is very unfair in this context and forum. All good dogs walkers rely on their reputation and comments like yours can be very harmful, whether true or not.

To you, and the original poster, please don't use this forum to slag people off (even if it's a 'may be him' type of comment) when you are not sure of the person's identity. Even if you did, you don't know the backround circumstances of the incident or even if this individual was a dog walker. In future, please contact the RSPCA if you suspect cruelty and let them investigate without destroying reputations.

I knew what you meant as well, it's clear that any possible misinterpretation has been removed, not entirely sure why certain people feel it necessary to continue having a go! Certainly does make tiresome reading!! Good on you trying to alert people to potential mistreatment of animals!

ClareC Wrote:

> I knew what you meant as well, it's clear that any

> possible misinterpretation has been removed, not

> entirely sure why certain people feel it necessary

> to continue having a go! Certainly does make

> tiresome reading!! Good on you trying to alert

> people to potential mistreatment of animals!

I want to second that.

I tend not to comment on forums for the exact reasons demonstrated in this thread.

I felt everything was clear and people were trying to do some good. I recognise this was the jist of the original poster.

I think in future I will go back to not writing on this forum - it's too much like hard work.

ClareC Wrote:

> I knew what you meant as well, it's clear that any

> possible misinterpretation has been removed, not

> entirely sure why certain people feel it necessary

> to continue having a go! Certainly does make

> tiresome reading!! Good on you trying to alert

> people to potential mistreatment of animals!

The 'possible misinterpretation' has not been removed. It is still there. Apologising does not remove it. I think it should be removed.

cate Wrote:

> The 'possible misinterpretation' has not been

> removed. It is still there. Apologising does not

> remove it. I think it should be removed.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can report the post to admin giving the reason why you think it should be removed.

That may have more effect than posting about it here.

ETA: Then up to admin/mods whether they agree with you and remove it.

Stands up and applauds Admin. Never thought I'd say this, but lummy, poor Pearson. On reading this thread, at no point did I interpret Pearson's posts as saying what he has been accused of. I think some people on this thread just enjoy being belligerent.

The collie dogs involved are my dogs. I would like to thank elloriac for taking the time and trouble to post.

I have hopefully sorted the situation out

Once again thanks to the people who kindly posted their concerns.

Administrator Wrote:

> It was reported however the post saying (I'm

> paraphrasing here) "it sounds like a certain

> person from a company however they usually do that

> act in a different fashion" is not defamatory.

But it was extremely suggestive and totally unnecessary. I think it was slanderous.