Con women claiming to be from Talk Talk?

Penguin68 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> A lot of businesses (I don't know if TalkTalk is

> one) 'hire' salespeople, or hire sales firms that

> hire sales people, often paid just commission, to

> drum up trade - there was a lot of it about when

> power and telecoms were first de-regulated. This

> woman may not therefore be a con woman per se, but

> a (possibly) unscrupulous but otherwise legitimate

> sales person. Be particularly wary if you are

> asked to sign something saying that you have seen

> them, or heard their offer - it often turns out to

> be a sales agreement.

I used to work (in their IT Dept ..not Door to Door!) for the company called Cobra Group.

They sell TalkTalk door to door through their Field Representatives.

They also sell NPower, Telcoms. They go door to door, trying to collect as many people signatures on

customer application forms.

They should have proper identification badges on them...with their name, their branch office

and their reference number.

If they dont then they are conning you.

They are Smartly dressed carrying clipboards loaded with application forms on them.

TalkTalk is rubbish...dont even touch them with a barge pole.

Their broadband service is woeful....manned by customer support team of 17 year old school leavers

with no interpersonal skills and technical knowledge.

There were two young men in suits inside the Co-op yesterday afternoon, importuning customers as they left. As I hurried past I'm pretty sure I say that their lapel labels said Talk Talk, and I think I might have been asked if I was with BT.

If so, what on earth is the Co-op doing letting them do their selling on the premises? I hope they at least got a large fee for it.

• 5 months later...

I had this today, a girl whith asian look came to my door and when she said "broadband was free on my area I'm so sorry we didn't tell you before let me in to tell you all about it" I LET HER IN (how stupid am I).

She was definitely over friendly and totally unprofessional, went on about the internet being free, asked me to show her my phone bill (which I didn't) and went on to ask me how much I was paying, then she made up a plan and said I'd pay 3 pounds less than I'm currently paying per month, all this without ever mentioning which company she was selling, I asked her which network was she on about and she said Talk Talk, in the meantime she asked all sorts about my personal life, and was pointing to every single thing in my living room and asking about it, then she asked me if she could stay for a few minutes watching the royal wedding with me as her friends would be coming (by that time was was shitting myself with fear a bunch of guys would come and steal everything I own) I was alone with my baby girl too, it was just scary. I just said I had to go out and she left, I saw her going to my neighbours doors and didn't see her any more.

Overall, i have this total stranger knowing every single belonging in my living room and am left wondering if she was indeed a very bad sales person or a good burglar!

What should I do??

They're still at it. Just had two men with Talk Talk badges on their belts babbling on about free broadband. We're in Peckham Rye. Nothing they said made any sense, other than they come in 'to write somme stuff down'. They were politely told to leave.

Two smart looking guys in grey suits on my doorstep this afternoon, keen to use exactly the same spiel about "Have you got the yellow form?" and "You should not be paying for broadband". When I pointed out that I used to work for Carphone Warehouse and knew about local loop unbundling and how their story made no sense they got rather cagey. I realised they understood little themselves when one started to explain they were TalkTalk not Carphone. When I asked for their names they started to step back and the main guy refused to give me a business card or give his name. By the time they managed to walk off my front garden they admitted they were a sales company not employed directly by TalkTalk.

I strongly recommend you pass NO INFORMATION to this sales company, it is unclear how your personal details would be used or sold on to other companies and having worked for the parent company myself, I have no doubts that TalkTalk take no responsibility for the behaviour of these sales people or how the agency they work for might use your details. Sadly, complaining to TalkTalk would be pointless.