film crew in peckham rye park today

Jacbuc

• 5 weeks later...

I saw this going on. There was a Rover P6 and one of those old turquoise police cars from the 60s parked on Strakers Road, so my first thought was that they were filming George Gently. But then I saw the rest of the crew over where the old changing rooms used to be and thought it looked a bit big for a TV show.

But the day before, I saw a film crew with even more trailers and cars in Burgess Park. Was this the same film or something else? I walked right through them but didn't see anyone famous, and there weren't any period cars or costumes in view.

jctg Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> When was that?!?

I had no idea they filmed there either! I just did a search and it seems it was the second episode of series 7, in the scenes where Lucas meets his Russian 'wife' who's been sent to get him working for them. I think he's jogging through the cemetery and she's suddenly there in his path.

I've often wondered why people never film at the top of One Tree Hill, where there's that nice view of the city. I assumed it was because it's south London, and TV film crews tend to prefer staying north, or at least rarely venture very far south of the Thames. But clearly Spooks is prepared to go to Nunhead (perhaps because they were based in Bermondsey) so why not One Tree Hill? Even the walk up to the top has the right kind of atmosphere for a shady meeting of Harry's with some Russians or Hugh Laurie or something.