Just been out in the snow!

Gussy

Baby Baldock was bundled up in his 'big' pram today and we made it from ours (camberwell) to Kings on the Rye by bus, then walked up to the Ryedale area-ish, where my MIL watches him. I stupidly, STUPIDLY said 'Oh look, Baby B, the park looks lovely!' so we walked through it. Stupid Mummy, I nearly had a cardiac arrest lugging his pram through about 700 feet of snow. Ouchies. Walked down Forest Hill Road to get back on the 63 and all was well. I was an hour and 15 minutes early for my shift. Smug. Baby B not a fan of snow, cries a lot and pulls off his mittens with his teeth. Same as me, cannot STAND snow. Bah humbug. Enjoying the necessary hot chocs though...

Normally I'd have worn Baby B but I can only really wear him on my back for the forseeable future and I can't do that when I'm on my own. We had some success with locking the front wheel of the buggy. I saw a toddler holding onto his baby brother, stiff in a big snowsuit, for dear life whilst being pulled along on a sledge. Actually looked really cute :)

Alpe D'awson Snow Report

All runs complete, good cover but runs getting a little worn in places.

For those of you without sledges there are alternatives which I saw today and would rate as follows:

1) Bodyboards - faster than slegdes

4) Trays - plastic or metal, nice and fast but children only please

3) Estate agent signs - Ludlow Thompson perhaps for the first time, the agent of choice

4) Lilos/Paddling pools - the shinier the better, with handles for the upmarket version

5) Surfboard - fast but perhaps a danger to other users

6) Bin liners/plastic bags - can work but prone to deteriorate

6) Recycling lids/boxes - seem like a good idea but don't really work

7) Brown velour sofa - can fit all the kids on it but tendency to get stuck

So not to worry if there are no sledges to be found, I'm sure you, like your fellow East Dulwich citizens can come up with your own alternative.

I'm wary of taking the bugglet out in sling after tripping on a curb last week (without snow around!) went several feet before regaining my balance (and then a further 5 mins for my heart rate to return to normal!).

BTW, if using a fabric sling in this weather, what are you putting baby in clothing wise?? Have big padded pram suit for in the car seat/carrycot, but is so huge on her I don't think she'd fit in the sling, let alone risk of her overheating!

oww its all gone :(

We managed a trip around GG playground in the sledge and that was it in the end!

My snowman has melted leaving a few twigs and potatoes rolling around on the ground. My garden looks all dirty again. I miss it! But at least I can walk on the pavements again....:)