Royal Mail Sorting Office Closure Meeting..

To add to the tales of woe I got there around 1825 last night and left just after 1900 so 40 minutes or so.

Two windows each manned by one person, definitely scope for another person or to to speed things up.

As they close at 8 and the queue was longer when I left I would recommend being there by 7 as you might be risking it a bit.

As for Christmas......

Not really acceptable is it?

I'm going to get everything delivered to work from now on, even though we are being asked around where I work (Old Street) not to as it adds to central London traffic problems and I understand that sentiment. Selfish maybe but there needs to be a better alternative.

See Boddle's post on the other thread re. reporting these examples to Helen Hayes so she can put pressure on RM:

I emailed Helen Hayes with concerns about the closure of Sylvester Road, who replied last night. She?s asked we share details of issues with her to support her conversation with Royal Mail about setting up an ED collection

if you?ve stood in a long queue or had issues with your post since the move I reckon it?s worth sending her a quick email or tweet.

I?m receiving reports of queues, delays & problems with mail deliveries in #SE22 following the Royal Mail delivery office closure - if this is affecting you, please email me with details at [email protected] so I can represent your views to Royal Mail

? Helen Hayes (@helenhayes_) September 18, 2018

Is anyone else still experiencing significant delays in receiving packages? I?m waiting for at least 3 parcels which were sent first class 2 weeks ago. I had a baby 3 weeks ago and friends and family have kindly sent gifts which I expect she?ll have grown out of by the time they arrive! (if they ever turn up that is :( )

DulwichBorn&Bred Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I?ve had parcels ordered from beginning of

> September that still haven?t arrived despite being

> sent with tracking numbers via Royal Mail.

> Frustrating as I?ve been waiting in for nothing!

Sorry to be dim, but isn't the whole point of having a tracking number that you know where the parcel is in the system, so you don't have to wait in unless you know for sure it's coming that day?

Have I misunderstood, or has the system gone wrong?

The tracking said it?s out for delivery or it has no information hence the waiting in!

Sue Wrote:

> DulwichBorn&Bred Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I?ve had parcels ordered from beginning of

> > September that still haven?t arrived despite

> being

> > sent with tracking numbers via Royal Mail.

> > Frustrating as I?ve been waiting in for

> nothing!

>

>

>

> Sorry to be dim, but isn't the whole point of

> having a tracking number that you know where the

> parcel is in the system, so you don't have to wait

> in unless you know for sure it's coming that day?

>

> Have I misunderstood, or has the system gone

> wrong?

Sue Wrote:

> Bic Basher Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I've been told unofficially that they're three

> > postmen down.

>

>

> Is that permanent, or due to sickness/holidays?

>

> If permanent, surely they can recruit some more?

I didn't find out that information. But as an aside, today I received a package from Madrid using FedEx which was sent yesterday faster than it takes the Royal Mail to deliver post from Kent to ED.

Thanks for posting that tweet from Helen Hayes, Katanita - what an excellent letter. Let's hope it has an effect.

I'm still waiting for a parcel that was posted 1st Class by Royal Mail on 12 September. We didn't get any post at all today.

ETA: Cross-posted with BNG!

Excellent letter from Helen Hayes, though I felt she could have stressed that Peckham is a different postcode area and made more of the distances/times taken to get to the other office.

Plus the particular difficulties for disabled people and people with young children.

It won't be dealt with by the CEO anyway, who will just sign off a letter drafted by her minions.

Anyway, fingers crossed it is effective. The whole situation is absurd.

uncleglen Wrote:

> someone told me that the EU had a hand in the

> privatisation of Royal Mail- something about EU

> competition rules and the state cannot subsidise

> the 'industry'

Except most of Europe has state owned postal and rail services. The Lexit arguments about state aid are so obviously untrue it is pathetic.